Pelvic ultrasound

lucy2013

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Has anyone been for a pelvic ultrasound before? I went to see my GP after having irregular periods since coming off the pill (over a year ago) and have in the last 3 months developed pain on the left side of my pelvic region. I was referred for a transabdominal and transvaginal ultrasound and got my appointment letter today.

Half of me is pleased that I now have a date, and may be closer to finding out if there is anything that may affect fertility so I can get it treated.

But the other half of me is terrified I won't be able to have a baby :cry:

Anyone got experiences of these ultrasounds before?

Sorry I don't, but wanted to say good luck xx

Hi there!

Yes, I had it done and it was painless and easy. The doc will just insert a probe with gel in your vagina and the picture will go on a screen right a way. Don't be intimidated by the size of the probe...only a small part will go in. Doc will look to see if everything looks okay. Hopefully everything is :)

Good luck!

Thank you for your reply and advice, definitely helps to hear from someone who has had it done that it isn't too much of an ordeal!

Hello, im in exactly the same boat as you! I have irregular periods following 8 years of bcp. I went sent for a scan and it was absolutely fine and just as zuzu describes. Similar process to smear (jelly and probe) except instead of taking a sample of your cervix, they look at your pelvic region on a screen! GL x

Hello, im in exactly the same boat as you! I have irregular periods following 8 years of bcp. I went sent for a scan and it was absolutely fine and just as zuzu describes. Similar process to smear (jelly and probe) except instead of taking a sample of your cervix, they look at your pelvic region on a screen! GL x

Thank you for the reassurance :) I'm glad yours was all fine :)

when did you come off bcp? How irregular have your periods been?

Mine have ranged from 17 days to 82 days! I've had quite a few at around 32 days, after 2 cycles at 32 days I thought I had finally regulated...but then I had another 44 day cycle!! Fingers crossed for regular periods for us both! :)

Ive had cycles of 28 days and 1 was 284 days!! Im currently on cycle day 64! There just completely all over the place! I came off bcp in sept 2012.

These irregular cycles really arent helping when ttc! Fx for us both x

Oh right. ..very irregular then :( I came off bcp aug 2012 so almost the same time!

It really isn't helpful at all for ttc, you're right. Have you seen your dr, have they suggested anything?

I can't really remember if my cycles were normal before the pill as I was 17!

Yep fx and baby dust to you!

They seem to think its because I went on bcp before my cycles got regular (I went on at 15/16 yrs old) and so now ive come off theyve gone back to how they were. Like you I honestly cant remember what they were like! Theyve suggested losing a bit of weight to see if that kick starts them which I have done but it hasnt really made any difference yet. Also suggested my SO is tested and then theyll look at referring us. GP is ringing me Monday for a catch up so im going to see what he says! I want some answers though now as a plan as to what we can do x

What is SO? I thought I was getting good with all the lingo and abbreviations on here! Haha!

Hope the chat with your gp goes well and you get some answers. Where are you in your cycle now?

Significant other :)

Well going by my last period, I would of been due to ovulate on 17th but seen as AF hasnt been showing up, ive no idea! :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->