peope are so awful

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
https://www.citytv.com/toronto/city...-lucky-to-survive-after-being-shot-with-arrow
https://www.citytv.com/toronto/city...dly-neglected-dog-faces-new-medical-challenge

:growlmad: I hate reading stories of animal abuse. I don't know how anyone can do these things to these poor animals :growlmad:

Me too, it makes me sick to my stomach what some people will do to a defenseless animal.

I read a story about an american horse who's quite famous now. Was rescued after his owners starved him, beat him, then tied him to the back of their truck and drove off, going faster and faster until he fell as they dragged him behind. Sickening.

I don't know about you guys, but I do not feel that our laws are tough enough on animal abuse. We had two high profile cases recently and I was disgusted by the sentencing: each case was only a few months for torturing and killing someone's poor pet.
I think we have to start understanding animal abuse as an indication of a seriously depraved person. It needs to be seen as the red-flag "gateway" crime to even worse potential behaviour to other helpless members of society - like our kids. You've all heard about the fact that most serial killers start as animal abusers? They get off on the sick power trip of hurting something helpless. It doesn't take much to transfer that to children, the homeless, and other vulnerable groups.
I think our criminal law needs to reflect just how f*****d up it is to do something like this and apply sentencing that also requires some serious counselling.

I am not even gonna read the links , its makes me too upset.

i couldn't read the story but i can imagine it cos there are so many horrible stories out there. i hate animal cruelty.

There was a guy over here in UK who kept loads of horses in terrible conditions and the day after he was banned from being around them he was at a market buying some!!!

People who are cruel to animals should be starved, beaten and treated the same as they have treated there animals

I agree Sarah that the laws are not tough enough at all towards animal abusers :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->