People are touching me!!

amslou

TTC No2
Reaction score
Lol, I've managed to get this far without people noticing or commenting about my being pregnant. I think they were unsure as to if i had a pot belly or was actually pregnant but just this week now everyone seems to notice my bump and they all have a hands on approach! Its not good I like my space, my family don't really hug and kiss (my mum does - and obv DH lol but thats it) so i'm not used to all this.

Anyone else finding this?

iv just got to the stage where people are doing this, in the last week or so. At 1st i was like 'wooahh get off' but i have so many people touching my belly iv given up minding haha. i have had a few people ask which i like better insted of looking down and finding random hands over my bump! x

obviously not now, but yes, there is that one week difference where everyone wants to touch your bump.
you get used to it. the bigger you get, the more they touch! lol x x x x my mum and OH used to kiss mine and talk to it. x x x

I love it when people touch my bump :D

obviously not now, but yes, there is that one week difference where everyone wants to touch your bump.
you get used to it. the bigger you get, the more they touch! lol x x x x my mum and OH used to kiss mine and talk to it. x x x

Aw i dont mind my mum, DH, my sister or even if my brothers wanted to feel the baby moving or something. My mum has been going mad over it since she felt it move a few weeks ago. I dont mind this, I'm not really comfortable with my dad touching it either which is a bit weird but i let it go. its the random strangers in the lift and people in the supermarket. Its like a switch has been flipped and now i'm public property lol.

OMG...I am not going to like that much. I have a few months to figure out how not to be really bitchy when someone does this...LOL

I cant wiat for all that but I draw a line at random strangers going in for a touch

i haven't got this problem yet, but when I do I've seen a 'hands off the bump' T-shirt in the New Look maternity section that might prove useful...

https://www.newlook.co.uk/1542632/154263240/ProductDetails.aspx

There's a 'look don't touch' one too... :)

haha thats brill. might have to get one of those if it carries on like it is.

I was mortified as at the weekend my mil decided to just lift my jumper up to see if I had a bump and when she dropped it my sil moved in and lifted it as well...I could feel myself sucking it in...how silly.
It still made me feel really uncomfortable though.
Could just see their faces if I lifted their tops to see their bellys!

I was mortified as at the weekend my mil decided to just lift my jumper up to see if I had a bump and when she dropped it my sil moved in and lifted it as well...I could feel myself sucking it in...how silly.
It still made me feel really uncomfortable though.
Could just see their faces if I lifted their tops to see their bellys!

haha you should have done it!

It's one of my dislikes of being pregnant!! Why they feel they can touch you when you wouldn't dream of touching their tummy I've no idea! Baby or no baby in there, it's your tummy! I'm getting this too and I find that if I put my hands over my tummy as soon as someone starts talking to me about it, it kinda prevents it from happening! Some people do slip through the net though so it's not fool proof! What I have done though is if someone says "Can I...?" I say "Yes you can! and you know why? Because you asked and didn't just start grabbing!!" I'm hoping the word spreads at work that I dislike it so it doesn't happen right until the end!

You're within your rights to feel uncomfortable, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is irritated by this!

With the touching... they are even being nice... it is hard to be rude to someone who is being so kind and out of line at the same time... it is the comments that start to come that drive me crazy... advice about what you should and shouldn't be doing... wow you are HUGE.... nice... the comments always really piss me off.. and I am usually in shock when they say it and don't come up with a proper come back till they are gone :rofl:

I really hope that doesn't happen to me - I'd hate it! Other than my OH and the mw, the only person to have touched my bump is my sister and even then only because I said LO was kicking and did she want to feel it.

With the touching... they are even being nice... it is hard to be rude to someone who is being so kind and out of line at the same time... it is the comments that start to come that drive me crazy... advice about what you should and shouldn't be doing... wow you are HUGE.... nice... the comments always really piss me off.. and I am usually in shock when they say it and don't come up with a proper come back till they are gone :rofl:

Haha well luckly people dont tell me i'm huge, they say i have a neat little bump (which is very nice) and they are all shocked when i say how far gone i am. I know what you mean about finding it hard to be rude when they are just being nice. they dont know what they are doing which is why i have just put up with it so far, but its gonna really hack me off i can feel it lol.

If someone as I gets bigger even dares to think about touchin my bump, I will respond with rubbin there belly back, when they look at me weird, I will say,
Well your rubbin my belly not my baby, and I just wondered how you would feel if I did it to you!

(did this once before, the person replied but Im touching your baby, no love between baby and you is hmm few inchs of skin, fat, water, placenta etc so no your not touching baby your touching me and my body so sod off!)

Sorry im very very funny about my belly, even hubby checks before he touchs!!

i slapped my dad when he touched my bump!
really hard a well, we didnt talk for a few weeks after lol hahahahaaaa
hormones i guess! x

I love when people touch my bump as long as I know them --- strangers, NOT OK.

If I see them going in for a feel, I turn my belly and give them "the look" -- works everytime! LOL

Not too many people have laid hands on my bump yet, so it hasn't been too much of an issue. That said, I heard of a woman who, if some stranger came up and put their hands on her belly, would reach over and tweak their breast. When they'd act all shocked, she'd explain that if it's ok for them, she assumed it would be ok for her!

the random comments "wow, you're HUGE", "are you sure it's not twins", "I can see you've gained weight in your face".. etc. etc.. all happened at 19 & 20 weeks but since then people have left me alone. All my co-workers needed to get it out of their system I guess and now they're used to my bump :rofl:

Thankfully only 1 person (co-worker) has come up and touched my belly, but she's a touchy- feely person anyway so I expected it would happen.

I'm not sure how I would handle a stranger touching me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->