People are touching me!!

I'm dreading this happening to me! I'm not a touchy feely person at all and hate the idea of people pawing at me. That said though, I was at the hospital for a non-pregnancy related checkup and a nurse was taking me through to the doctor. I've known her for the last two years and when I told her I'm pregnant, she automatically reached out and rubbed my tummy. I was very surprised that I quite liked it. But, I do like her and she's looked after me well so I think that makes a difference. Any strangers or people I don't like that much will get a slap!

if you look at it this way it isnt so bad...

how would you feel if no-one commented or touched you?

i would feel devistated and depressed! x x x x x

I've had two people touch my tummy - my MIL and a not-so-close friend (hubby's best friend's fiance who we tolerate but think he is making a massive mistake :cry:)

The MIL I kind of expected and suspect I will just have to get used to, it's kind of nice I suppose, will just take a bit of getting used to - but I was 12 weeks ffs, there is nothing to feel at that stage! It was odd but over in a few seconds.

Random strangers, no way!

last time people in my work were cautious of touching me and would ask! We had had a conversation before i got pregnant about how i dont like people just touching me and like my space! I didn't mind OH and family touching and in fact i remember telling my wee brother to put his hands on my stomach to feel it kick and he was totally grossed out lol. xx

ive got a quite the neat little bump, but i've already had people stroking me or kneeling down to kiss my tummy and what not.
i dont mind my family or close friends doing it- its when its people that i barely know doing it.
i hate going on the door to stamp hands at work (mainly cos im worried someone will knock me over- but also cos i can't escape people feeling up my bump)- much safer behind the bar where they cant reach me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->