people on facebook rant :|

wasey

mummy to Summer-Rose <3
Reaction score
call me a hypocrite, but what the hell. since ive been pregnant i've found a LOT more pregnant people on facebook. probably subconsciously seeing it, if i wasn't pregnant id most likely have seen a scan picture and not even looked into it anymore. anyway, girls my age. people younger than me, ttc, talking about it like it's a little joke or just some way to christen their 3 month relationships.

another girl, who had some appointments messed around or whatever saying "i have other things to worry about more than this baby" :growlmad: and saying things about how the woman doing her scan was an 'idiot' because she put her pregnancy back a week. she's saying it's bollocks and she just has a small baby.

what on earth is that about?! i've just been on an old friend of mine's profile, who also, appears to be pregnant. a whole long post about how her back is hurting sooo much and she's finding it so difficult to get comfortable with her bump. she's 4 weeks pregnant.

i know someone's probably going to comment saying i'm being out of order or whatever, but this just annoys me so much. it really does. these girls are just trying to make it look fashionable to have bumps, aches, pains, sickness or whatever. hmmm :nope:

No some people just experience pregnancy different to others... and some like to whine about nothing on facebook.
Fact of life.

i feel guilty for posting this now as my mum just told me i shouldnt critisize which is absolutely true, and maybe they are just over excited about their pregnancy but i just feel like they're not taking it seriously at all :(

i feel guilty for posting this now as my mum just told me i shouldnt critisize which is absolutely true, and maybe they are just over excited about their pregnancy but i just feel like they're not taking it seriously at all :(

You can't take life seriously 24/7 it'd be boring same with pregnancy.

Yeah I agree the girl who says she has a bump at 4 weeks probably doesn't, but like.. I'm sure you've whined about something silly in pregnancy lol. I know I have!

I know whjat you mean hun, some people just moan for the sake of moaning.
Bit silly to call the sonographer an idiot for putting her dates back!

Don't worry about it, like you said you wouldn't of thought about it before, maybe you are a bit oversensitive due to the extra hormones? :flower: x

i do agree with girls getting pregnant for the fun of it like its some fasion lol
im 18 with 2 baby boys but i had my lil men because i wanted them and i love there daddy not because i want to have them as new fasion items :)

I kind of understand what you mean. I'm doing my best to be more mature about things since becoming a mother is something serious, and it irks me very often to see some of my friends obsessed with the "glamor" of pregnancy, like what has become popular with celebrities, rather than the seriousness of what is actually happening: that we're becoming responsible for another human life, that we're supposed to care for seriously and to the point where our own needs are no longer first.

Facebook takes people who like attention and magnifies it, and being pregnant, it's hard to avoid that attention. So when the two are mixed, they sort of explode.

:hugs: I definitely know how you feel.

I'd delete them if I were you if they irritate you so much. I felt the same way about a few of my old friends who were pregnant around the same time as me. One constantly partied, had pictures of her smoking weed and whatever, I was really offended for some reason. I don't know if I was jealous of the fact that she had opportunities to go out and I was stuck in, so I deleted her because realistically, I got so irritated by what she would write and put pictures of on facebook. Just delete them.

i wouldnt let it get to you, if thats the way they wont to live there life, they do sounds abit immature tho and i can see where your comin from there are ladies out there who cant have children and would do anything for a child an then theres selfish kids having kids x

I know what you mean about girls thinking its no big deal.

Ever since I got pregnant my friends have come to me saying how they want to TTC because of how much they want a baby. I just tell them they are stupid (but in a nice way by explaining about how hard it is) because all of them that have come to me about have major relationship problems and are still in High School. A lot of girls these days think its the "cool" thing to do for attention.

Just ignore them.

i get annoyed at people who i know who have been pregnant and drank and smoked throughout like nothing was different one even said she knows shes pregnant just pretends not to be and still does drugs and what not... she was surprised when her full term baby came out at 5lb with skin problems and breathing problems and it really irritated me but i just ignored it it has nothing to do with me. but when people have a go at me i get annoyed, me and OH were ttc and we did very quickly, we have been together for years and live together in a nice place (didnt at first but we do now) we have enough money and everything and all i would get is people having a go telling me i was doing it as a fashion statement and for the glamour of having a child. Iv never diluded myself thinking that having a child is glamorous i know far better than that how can whipping poo and getting sick of you be glamorous lmaooo??? and the back ache and morning sickness. these people who are complaining so early on are going to get a big smack in the face when they really start hurting and those who are acting as though its fine to do drugs, drink excessivly will get a big shock and realise what they did was bad when they have their LO and they are small or ill which i hope they arent. (the occasional one is fine i know the limits and im not saying its not ok just over doing it like getting plastered every weekend like pre pregnancy) id just delete them hun if they wind you up but i understand where you are coming from but at the same time they might have little jokes with people on facebook about the pregnancy i do it all the time saying things that obvs wont happen and if they did would be very naughty of me to people who KNOW im joking. just ignore and delete these people arent worth stressing over

it really pisses me off when people slag there babies off constantly on fb especially when i know they couldn't give 2 sh*ts about the baby. babies are defenceless little bundles of fluff and shouldnt be slagged of but their mothers who dont really care. x

I definitely know what you mean ! A lot of the girls on my facebook can be so irritating with some of the things they say & post about. I know that my hormones are all out of whack... But geez! I know for a fact that two of my close friends were TTC, and then now that they've fallen pregnant all they do is complain nonstop. Trust, I complain... but never on Facebook for the whole world to have to read. I complain about things to my OH... because he is privy to everything that goes on with my life.
idk. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if girls didn't TRY to get pregnant & then talk about all the reasons why their baby is ruining their lives. :nope: My little one is a precious blessing. I didn't get pregnant to try to "keep my OH." It's not a fashion statement. I honestly feel like some people think having a baby is like having a dog or a cat. Grr.

Don't even get me started on all the mom's who go out every night & leave their baby with whomever. :wacko: Ok-- my rant is over!
Anyways hun, don't worry about it. Don't let people get to you. You are doing what's right for you and your baby, and that's all that matters! :flower:

i know what you mean! i am 41 weeks pregnant. THATS when you have the right to moan ;) :D lol. and at four weeks pregnant, the egg is only just sorting itself out, i mean, what the hell man??? her boobs will be bigger than her baby belly at this point and i bet she never moans about how she is laying on them!!! lets see how well she is coping at 30+ weeks when she has sciatica, SPD and baby has engaged so she has to walk like a duck and kids think your immitating and old person with a zimmer frame! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->