people saying "I had a dream that blah blah blah." Does this annoy anyone else??

pachamama92

Reaction score
Ok so in the last week I can't count how many times people have said " I had a dream that your baby.." followed by:
"Had red hair"
"Was enormous"
"Weighed x amount"
"Was born on.."
"Was called... Is that his name??"
"You had twins"

Or something else which puts them in the position of saying "ooooh, what did I say??" When the baby is born. It is driving me insane!! I doubt they even have these dreams, they just say it to get their predictions in and so they can boast if they come close!

Ok rant over!

It doesn't really annoy, me but yes, I get this all the time. It was worse before I knew his sex and picked out a name for him.

Everyone wanted to share their dreams.

The funniest one I've had recently is my DH, who dreamt we needed a wipe warmer. Now he's obsessed and keeps checking to see if I've purchased one.

I hope people lay off!

I think it's sweet personally because usually it means they're thinking about you/your baby ;) I've had dreams about friends baby's before and am always amused at them and can't wait to tell my friend, especially because most of the time they're completely nonsensical

Oh now I feel really bad!! I think everyone just annoys me right now!! Also it depends who says it I think!

Oh now I feel really bad!! I think everyone just annoys me right now!! Also it depends who says it I think!

Haha don't feel bad :haha: I think it does matter who says it too, if it was someone I wasn't close to or someone that irked me to begin with, I could see it being annoying!

Haha don't feel bad :haha: I think it does matter who says it too, if it was someone I wasn't close to or someone that irked me to begin with, I could see it being annoying!

Haha, my parents! They definitely irk me!

My mum told me she had a dream the other night that is had my boy, but gave him a different name to Oliver. Hmm. That doesn't bother me, the fact that she's been saying for weeks now that she wants him born prematurely bothered me as now she's telling me about dreams of him coming too early. Then she said if we do change his name (unlikely), then she will still call him Oliver. Well, if we do decide to change his name, then you'll call him by whatever we call him! Ridiculous.

My mum told me she had a dream the other night that is had my boy, but gave him a different name to Oliver. Hmm. That doesn't bother me, the fact that she's been saying for weeks now that she wants him born prematurely bothered me as now she's telling me about dreams of him coming too early. Then she said if we do change his name (unlikely), then she will still call him Oliver. Well, if we do decide to change his name, then you'll call him by whatever we call him! Ridiculous.

Ok that is just weird, sounds like your mom is a control freak and may possibly need mental help :wacko:

my husband had a dream or two about baby, which i thought was cute, but i imagine that it TOTALLY depends on who is coming to you with their dreams. my mother, in general, drives me crazy, so if it's anyone remotely close to being on your "ugh you drive me crazy even when i'm NOT pregnant!" list that it would be really annoying!:roll::haha:

My best friend had a dream the other day that we carjacked a car and I had a child in the back, a girl with long black hair. She still doesn't know that I know I'm having a boy. She's convinced it's a girl.

My sister had a dream back at the beginning of my pregnancy that she was holding my baby and it was a perfect looking baby boy. She wants it to be a girl too, so I put more stock in her dream!

I don't get annoyed by my friend talking about me having a girl all the time because I know it's a boy and I get a sick satisfaction out of knowing she is wrong.

Although I guess if it somehow comes out a girl I'll feel like a real idiot lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->