People saying I'm too small

prettybirdy27

Reaction score
I'm 29 weeks and my bump is measuring 100% on the mark right now. But I am six feet tall and a pretty skinny person - since I'm so tall, my bump stretches up and down more instead of out, and I constantly get remarks of "Oh, you're too small for seven months!"

My doctor has told me I'm measuring right on track but did admit that since I'm so tall, the baby just has so much more real estate to move up and down and won't move outwards as much.

Couple this with the fact that I lost a bunch of weight in first tri due to nausea and I've only gained six pounds since then. I feel like my bump is huge and I feel like a whale, but I'm so tired of people telling me I'm way too small!! It makes me feel like they're judging me as not providing an adequate environment for my baby. I'm trying to look at this from a positive side - if I don't gain a lot of weight now, I won't have to lose it later. No stretch marks yet, and I still fit into almost all of my pre-pregnancy tops. But it's still such a bummer, I don't feel like I'm getting the full pregnancy "experience" and I'm tired of being judged by other people.

End rant.

I've had the very same comments - last weekend at a birthday party some men made a big to-do about how I only look 5-6 months. I was thinking and you're a man, how exactly do you know what I should or shouldn't look like?

At my 32 week pregnancy photo shoot I did have a pretty small bump though even though I've measured perfectly all throughout. I think with tall ladies there's more room in there to hide. I'm 5'9 and pretty slim too (I thought being slim would puff baby out more but it hasn't really). Have gained 21 lbs which isn't alot either. As long as baby is fine, just smile, you'll prob not have any stretch marks!

Same here, the comment I've been getting the most lately is "oh you finally look pregnant!" But before that it was always "you don't even look pregnant..." I'm not a skinny Minnie but I'm not huge either, I'm also pretty short which when I was pregnant with my girls I felt like I was carrying much bigger but with this one, I feel like I'm not showing as much even though I feel huge now ;) I did lose 20 lbs and havent gained any back yet so I'm sure that's part of it but yeah it gets old

I get the same too. I was quite big with my first so I'm enjoying being 'smaller' whilst I can

I would say ignore everyone because your doctor is way better qualified to tell you how you are doing. People think they know everything about pregnancy and most of the time they are wrong. Even my doctor told me that people gave her incorrect advice when she was pregnant (they didn't know she was a doctor).

I just had my lo last week and was wearing non maternity clothing up till the day I gave birth. I am only a week after having the baby and I have lost half of the baby weight I gained since I didn't gain much either. You will be very happy after birth when you have to do almost nothing to loose the baby weight.

I was getting this for ages also, ppl find it hard to believe I am 8 months... but you know as long as you and baby are healthy thats all that matters. I am quite tall also 5'7 and I truely believe its because of my height that it looks petite. I would take it as a compliment, they mean well I guess☺

Ppl lose their filter around pregnant women and they think they can make very personal remarks without come back. I'm expecting my third and all three have given me big bumps. I dread seeing ppl because I know I then get the inevitable "wow you're huge". This week alone I've been told I look like I'm ready to pop, am I sure there's only one in there, jesus you are enormous...really enormous, good god and you have three more months to go imagine how massive you're gonna be

Let me assure you that whether you have a large or small bump (or even a 'permissibly normal' size bump) people will force their unwelcome insensitive observations upon you.

Ignore them, your fundamental height is spot on so they can poke their stupid opinions :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->