People who make their own cloth diapers - what fabric do you use?

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
I'm looking to make some all-in-ones, unless people recommend a different route for some reason? What sort of fabrics do I need and how much per nappy?

I've been looking at flannel mainly, terry towelling for the soaker and PUL for the waterproofing. Anything else I'm missing and any good patterns on the internet that you use?

I don't make mine so I can't recommend where to buy or patterns. But I personally like pockets better because you take the inserts out to wash and dry...one I feel like they get cleaner, though that's probably in my head lol, but also because they dry quicker. I like bamboo probably best out of all fabrics...it's so absorbent, trim and super soft if you use bamboo velour especially. I also like just cotton though, or fleece for against their bums. Flannel has great prints, most of my fitteds are flannel outside then other stuff inside. As for making it waterproof I like PUL or fleece

Hi there here is a lady who does patterns and also all you need to make them, if you look through the website she does a pattern and includes all you need to make your first one https://pocket-bots.com/wrap_kits.htm
ETA here are her materials https://pocket-bots.com/notions.htm

Thanks girls! I was looking at the hemp or bamboo fabrics, but don't know if I can get them from our local fabric store.

Those links are real handy! Great for getting ideas! Looks fairly reasonable too, will have to get a quote of postage.

Does anyone have an American supplies website they can recommend too?

xx

I think if you just do a search for diaper patterns on google you should find loads. Also for diaper making fabric...probably bring you to alot of stores. I've heard alot of people have lots of problems with hemp, it starts to stink really bad....but it's really absorbent...I've had a couple of things but didn't really like the diaper that the inserts came with so I never kept them long

I use the darling diaper pattern, I make the serged fitted AIO with an attached soaker. I use Bamboo velour on the soaker, then 2 layers of microfleece. Then I use a bamboo fleece on the nner of the diaper, then a layer of hemp fleece and an outer layer of knit jersey. I tried using a hidden pul layer, but had no luck with it as the layers kept shifting too much. I am currently waiting on a fabric order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->