People's opinions on YOUR baby-to-be's name

Yes! I am naming baby girl Gianna and several people are being nice by saying it's a good name or that sort of thing, but I can tell it's not something they would pick. Too bad for them because my daughter will not have a common "ashley, nicole, whatever.." sort of name!

Aaah! People and their frickin unwanted opinions. When we found out it was a boy my neighbor, NEIGHBOR asked if we had names and when I told her she interrupted me and said "I don't like it, my daughter and I will think of a name and let you know what to name him" . . . What the FUC*! Everything she says now pisses me off, even if it's just "Hey how you doing" . . . Then again I'm moody so, after baby is here I will most likely get over it.

before I was pregnant we talked names a bit with my SIL and MIL and we had to stop because my SIL was just driving me crazy with her suggestions. After I got pregnant, my sisters (I have 3, all younger) and my SIL all had comments about our boy name choice - they thought it was weird that we got it from a show we both like.
Hello...
anyway, we've chosen our daughter's name now and we both love it, it has all kinds of important meanings to us, and now that we're like "this is her name" everyone is like "Oh what a nice name".
So... Yeah. And, we're keeping our boy's name in the back of our minds because we are hoping for a boy next!

I think this is something that will always go on peoples bad opinions :haha: Before we knew what the gender was we had two names already picked out..which were hard to do that cause me and husband hardly ever agree on names. ESPECIALLY boy names. I bet we went threw a million boy names! So we decided for a boy I'll pick a name, he can pick a name and thats what we will use!

I LOVE Jaxon he HATES it! Ugh so my second choice is Dominic. He stuck with King though I dont really like it so its decided! DOMINIC KING! Ive seriously had one good comment about it! And the reasons why people hate it is insane! It was upsetting me at first but now I just say screw it! Its our baby and our decision hate it if you want too! Ive even had people say "I dont think Dominic looks like your baby." Um beings you've seen our baby?? Thats in my womb?? UGH

For a girl we are using Maddalyn Elise. (next baby hopefully!) Said MAD-A-LYN. Sound it out people if one more person says "Oh MAD-A-LINE is cute!" Ill scream! Its not madeline! its MADDALYN! Ill even say it to someone and they will repeat back Madeline. ugh people ;)

I hate it when people ask us what we are going to name him! We just say we will see what he looks like, even though we have a handful of name in mind I don't want to be swayed by people going mmm that's an interesting name or I love that name! I really want it to be mine and my husbands decision. So rude of your neighbour Al Syr!!

We made a pact not to tell anyone, but stupidly this weekend i told my mum the girl choice, Iris, and she curled up her nose at it. I felt like laying her out, especially as she knows we're not telling people in case we get negative comments. She soon shut up when i said that it's none of her or anyone's business, i didn't tell her for approval and if she didn't have the good grace to be polite then don't ask me to share it in the first place. She won't make the same mistake i don't think!

I want to say I don't give to rats ass but I do :dohh:
See my poll on my sig! :haha:

But OH's mum is very pushy and I hate it, she pulls faces and everything :growlmad:

yep i also HATE this!!! we have decided on evie grace but we want her full name to be evelyn grace so she can choose to use that name when shes older if she wants to, well my mum loves evie but hates evelyn she says its and old ladies name, at first i was really sad about her comments but now i think MY BABY MY NAME so tuff luck! x

were getting that also. we like Summer for our little girl but so many people have gone hmm summer summmmy hmmm... making me doubt it a bit now also.. x

We have our boys name but are still confuzed on the girls name. i didnt tell anybody our name choices for DD but that didnt stop the constant asking! i LOVE the idea of fake silly names to shut people up!! Im going to start saying that our girls choice is Summer, as our surname is coates pronounced just like an outdoor coat so her name would be summer coates lol! il have to think of a funny boys name, it cant be another season as everyone will clock on that its a joke and it would be hilarious for me and OH if they didnt!! il have to think of a material or a type of coat that sounds a bit like a boys name! any suggestions? xx

were getting that also. we like Summer for our little girl but so many people have gone hmm summer summmmy hmmm... making me doubt it a bit now also.. x

i actually love the name summer, but as my post above says, i couldnt really call a girl that as she would be summer coates lol! xx

ive been reading on name forums and the people called Summer got picked on when they were at school but now they love the fact its not common.. so hard to give our baby a name for life ahhh... x

I want to say I don't give to rats ass but I do :dohh:
See my poll on my sig! :haha:

But OH's mum is very pushy and I hate it, she pulls faces and everything :growlmad:

My Mum was pulling faces at every name I suggested! So now that we have settled on one we are keeping quiet. Now she is desperate to know, but she cooked her goose!! lol :haha: She will find out when LO is born.

I've only had good reactions to my sons name. If I got any bad ones I would go mental as he's named after a very special man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->