perhaps a bit tmi sorry

Mize1982

Mya-My gift from God!
Reaction score
was just wondering about this big clear out thing

now i know people say you can get a very runny tummy (trying to make this not so nasty lol)

but can you also get a bit consipated????

I have had lose stolls on and off throughout pregnancy and not had any problems going, would go every day and never had any issues other than sometimes having runnys in the middle of the night, but for the past week its like trying to get a water melon out and i have to sit on the loo each evening forcing myself to go, otherwise i wont and get a really sore tummy.

has anyone else found this, i just want a sign somethings happening but seem to be getting all the opposit things to the normal signs!!!

You can get constipated at any time in pregnancy, simply because your gut slows down due to the progesterone. You need to be eating lots of fibre, drinking lots of water...try prune juice (or similar) too :)

It's not really a sign of impending labour though and isn't part of the big clear out many women experience (vomiting and/or diarrhoea)

Have you recently started taking any supplements or medications?

gonna sound silly but is corn flakes fibre?

i have been having 2 bowls a day, its my new obsession

Corn flakes contain relatively little fibre, believe it or not. If you've changed from a more fibre-rich cereal to corn flakes it might explain why you're suddenly having problems.

dont eat any others dont normally like cereal lol.

Then it might be because the cereal in corn flakes has been so refined....like too much white bread it can cause constipation. You can still eat the corn flakes as long as you balance it out with constipation-preventing foods :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->