perineal tear, lost stitches, infection :(

leighbaby

yummy mummy
Reaction score
A week ago, i had my little boy. I had 2nd degree tears and had stitches.

The stitches have fallen out (worked themselves loose) and I have an infection. :hissy:

I have to wait until tuesday to get a doc app to get a referal to get fixed.

Anyone else had this problem? I keep crying cos I want to be fixed so I can enjoy my baby :hissy:

:hugs: I had similar problems after my baby. I had a uterus infection which cleared with anti biotics... I never had an infection where my stitches are, I had a bath once a day with tea tree oil and lavendar oil in the bath and it really helped. I'm sure they will fix you and make sure you push to get it sorted sooner..

Yeah i never had an infection. My midwife did say if you get a bath every day it will help with the healing. Hope everything sorts itself out hun
xx

They wont stitch me up again...midwife had a look below and when I asked how long it will take to heal on its own, she said it could be months.

I'm gutted.

What did that feel like leighbaby? I'm wondering if I have something like this going on. I tore in back and up by my urethra and just don't feel right today kinda itchy like. I thought I saw a stitch on tp and it kinda scared me.

:hug: you poor thing sorry i dont know what to say really, but make sure they can help you in every way possible hun x

With my first baby I had a massive tear, stitches and an infection. The stitches were disolvable so they came away on their own about a week after the birth (you could see the bits of thread in the bath) which wasn't a problem. With the infection my MW suggested 5 drops of t-tree oil in the bath every day. It's a bit drying for the skin but it really did work.

Hi leighbaby. Hope you are starting to feel a bit better. I had my baby 32 weeks ago (he is now 8 months) and next week i am going back to the gynae department at the hospital to see if they will finally restitch down there. Things are still not right.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but the docs suggest waiting a minimum of 6 months before re-evaluating and seeing if you can manage in that time. If its any consolation, it does get more manageable as the time goes on!!

Hi
I had the exact same problem as you. My baby is over 4 months now & things are only just starting to heal.
I was absolutely gutted when I looked down there 3 months ago. I posted on here too.
at my 6 weeks check up the doc said she would refer me back to hospital to have it re-stitched.
I need to make a follow up app for her to have a look at it & take it from there.
Its not nice I know but I do feel a bit better as time as gone on. I think im coming to terms with it.
Its just so hard to deal with when you baby is new & your head it all over the place.
Feel free to ask me any questions.,
xxxx

Hi leighbaby. Hope you are starting to feel a bit better. I had my baby 32 weeks ago (he is now 8 months) and next week i am going back to the gynae department at the hospital to see if they will finally restitch down there. Things are still not right.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but the docs suggest waiting a minimum of 6 months before re-evaluating and seeing if you can manage in that time. If its any consolation, it does get more manageable as the time goes on!!

Hi I was reading your story and I just had to be restitched down there as well son is 10 months old and had the surgery 8 weeks ago. I was wondering how long did it take about for you to fully heal from being reatitched and did it help with the pain. Did it work?? Really hope to know. Thanks :)

Hi
I had the exact same problem as you. My baby is over 4 months now & things are only just starting to heal.
I was absolutely gutted when I looked down there 3 months ago. I posted on here too.
at my 6 weeks check up the doc said she would refer me back to hospital to have it re-stitched.
I need to make a follow up app for her to have a look at it & take it from there.
Its not nice I know but I do feel a bit better as time as gone on. I think im coming to terms with it.
Its just so hard to deal with when you baby is new & your head it all over the place.
Feel free to ask me any questions.,
xxxx

hi came across your story did I end up having to get reatitched if so how long did it take to fully heal and did it help fix everything? I had just gotten reatitched surgery 2 months ago ( son is now 1 yr and haven't picked him up for two months now :(. ) and I am still having pain a know it can take long to heal just want know someone experience with it.

My hat goes off to you ladies! Wow I can't imagine. That makes a csection look like a walk in the park ...

Exactly the same thing happened to me. My stitches fell out a week after birth and left an open wound that I was told would take around 6 weeks to heal. That wound got infected twice even though I tried my hardest to keep it clean. To top that off I then suffered a severe allergic reaction to the antibiotics I was put on!!! I had my baby 16 weeks ago now though and I'm afraid that the wound has still not healed.

I can recommend salt baths and application of diluted tea tree oil to the area which will aid healing and keep infection at bay. When you're not actively cleaning the wound, however hard you find it, its best to try to forget about it and just enjoy your baby as much as you can. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->