Perineal Tear

maggie111

Reaction score
Since I gave birth to him (4 months ago), I've been feeling really weird down below. I mentioned it to the doctor at my 6 week check up and he said "still healing" blah blah blah. I had a tear and an episiotomy (which tore also) so I understand things have changed, but I've felt so wrong with every bowel movement :(

I got a mirror out last night to have a look, and oh dear - half my perineum has gone and Googling it I think I have a second degree perineal tear. What now? Can it be fixed? Should it be fixed or should I wait see if I have any more kids??

I would go and see the Doctor again if it doesnt feel right. Especially if your episiotomy tore as well you probably arent healing as well as you could and could end up with a nasty infection. I dont know what they could do but it it doesnt fell right with bowel movements theres obviously something wrong down there :-(

yes, please do go back to the gp and tell them this hon, im sure there is something they,can do x

Thanks girls - phoned up the docs and got an afternoon appointment. He's sending me for further investigation but has said he looks like I have a laxity/prolapse of the posterior wall, and that is what I'm feelin.

I'm glad I went, he said it definitely wasn't normal.

I have this hun (rectocele) it's like a pressure you feel when you do #2.

My doctor checked for me but basically they won't fix it until you're done having kids.

For me it doesn't cause too many problems. It's just unfortunate and horrible looking down there. :(

I have this hun (rectocele) it's like a pressure you feel when you do #2.

My doctor checked for me but basically they won't fix it until you're done having kids.

For me it doesn't cause too many problems. It's just unfortunate and horrible looking down there. :(

Thanks - I was wondering whether they would advise waiting till after kids I'm not sure my perineum will last that long though as it's already torn. I'm worried about more damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->