Period and BF

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by StonesWife, Jan 31, 2011.

1. StonesWife

StonesWife Momma & Wife WTT

Okay so my lil is 3 months old and at first I was skeptical I was having my period (thought I had one 4 weeks after and then again at 8 weeks after but chalked it up to PP bleeding) now I'm POSITIVE this is my period...

Any who... My supply has dropped to almost nothing, even with my daily intake of fenurgreek (3 610mg pills X 3 times a day) to where I haven't been able to pump ANYTHING for about a week. My lo is still feeding from me and seems to be getting enough there's just no extra for my pump. Since I work full time this creates a problem....

My question is how long till my supply will return to normal... I'm on day 1 of full force bleeding and its been almost nothing for about a week.... :shrug:

2. StonesWife

3. Cassiesam

Cassiesam Member

It should be a LOT better tomorrow and back to normal by the day after that. Of course everyone is different but rest assured it's a very temporary thing and you should find the issue is less and less apparent with each subsequent period. HTH

4. StonesWife

Thanks so much. I hope you're right because this is frustrating!

5. Cassiesam

Cassiesam Member

You're welcome. With my third, my first pp AF coincided with the 4m growth spurt. NOT a good combo lol. It was sheer hell for two days but we got through it, as will you x