Period and milk supply- Is yours affected?

Misskitty

Reaction score
So i'm getting all the signs and think a period is imminent :growlmad:
I've noticed that my supply seems lower today and i think i read somewhere that this can happen during your period.

So my question is does this happen to anyone else, and how long does the dip in supply usualy last?

I just had my first period a couple of weeks ago and I felt that it did affect my supply a bit. I stopped leaking for the first 3 days (unheard of since I started feeding) but DD didn't seem bothered and carried on as usual!!

Mine has been "imminent" since 3 months.
My supply dwindled again, I stopped leaking, Amari went off my milk for a day...
And it still hasnt shown :dohh:
Dont think its coming yet :winkwink: Its just playing to see if you notice :haha:

Mine has (finally) returned this week, and there has definitely been a change in something. whether its supply or how it taste, but P has been REALLY fussy for the last few days and almost attacking my boobs because he's not happy with what they're doing. :lol:

I got mine back at 8 weeks PP (LO was sleeping though) :cry: my supply really dwindled and my son lost weight. I'm on domperidone now which has been amazing, but I'm an extreme case. My sister's LO is 4 months and she has just got her period back. She noticed a drop in supply for a couple of days beforehand but now her supply is back to normal :hugs:

I think with my eldest it did affect my supply; but my supply was already dwindling anyway (introduced solids too early and at too quick a rate), with my second eldest it didn't.

My supply dips when I get my period. I've been on Fenugreek since Bella was 2 months. I usually take 3 pills, 3 times a day but when I get a period I take 4 pills, 3 times a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->