Period back...did Metformin do this?

ByHisGrace08

Waiting to be family of 3
Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

So I have to say I have never in my life been so happy to have my period!!!

On Friday I started to have some brown spotting and I thought how weird that is how all my periods start then on Saturday I went from red spotting to full on period and it has continued into today WOW!! I have not had a period on my own without birth control or Provera inducing it in 11 years, could this be due to the Metformin?

So my backstory is:

This is my DH and I's second TTC #1 this time we have been trying for a little over 8 months, I have had 2 m/c. July 2013 tossed out birth control, had been on it for 10 years! By November 2013 no period so I went to see Dr. prescribed Provera to induce period and a battery of test that came back telling us I had PCOS. So I have taken Provera in Nov 2013 & Feb 2014 both times resulted in a period. I was SUPPUSE to take another round on April 15th. The beginning of March my FS prescribed Metformin did about 3 weeks 500mg and about a week of 1000mg and now I have my first on my own period in 11 years!!!

So my question is did the Metformin help to do this??? Anyone else have this happen???

Also before I went on birth control at 16 I had the wackiest periods I could go months and months without one and they were never regular in flow, length or when they appeared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"