Period is only 1 day long, any experience with this?

dgstarzz1

Reaction score
I've made an appointment with an OBGYN but it's over a week away so I'm going to go crazy until then!

My period was 3 days long for a while, then last month it was only 2 days long, and this month it was only 1 day long. I can't imagine that is a good sign, and I'm guessing that is what is keeping me from getting pregnant. There's not a lot of information on the internet about it. Everything is either about having no period or short cycles. My cycles are 32-35 days long, so neither of those apply to me. Nothing about just having a very short period.

Anyone else out there experience this? What did your OBGYN tell you?

Do you know if you're ovulating? My last cycle was 39 days and then my period was 2 days. I know for a fact I didn't ovulate. That's my first thought when I hear your question.

Well I've been having a sustained temp raise which fertility friend has interpreted as ovulation. I'm usually around 97.7 before ovulation and then go up to around 98.4 after for a couple weeks. So it seems like I'm ovulating, but is a temp rise a guarantee that youve ovulated??

Yeah, seems likely that you are with reliable temp raises but I know it is possible to have a temp jump and not ovulate, though I don't think it's very common and seems weird that it would happen multiple months. Do you use OPKs? That with temp raises you could be pretty positive that you are ovulating. Also, maybe your body isn't building enough lining? That could explain a short period and not conceiving. Keep us posted on what your Dr says.

I have very light one-day periods related to premature ovarian failure (my hormones are pre-menopausal, basically), but my cycles are also super short - like 25-26 days - so I doubt that's your problem. It could definitely be a lining issue or an ovulation issue. When you see your dr. you might want to consider requesting to have your hormones tested to confirm ovulation and see if your levels are normal. Good luck with your appointment!

Yes I use OPK's, they're slightly reliable. They get positive around ovulation date but stay positive for like a week or more, it's strange.

ferndalegirl- Yes I'm going to insist that I have my hormone levels checked. I'm also thinking it might be an issue with my lining not building up enough.

I'll give an update after my dr appt!

Hope you get some answers at your appointment. If you are interested in trying supplements, a few suggestions that might help form a thicker lining or regulate hormones:
B50 complex
Raspberry leaf tea
Royal Jelly
FertileCM
FertileAid
OvaBoost

Depending on your hormone levels you may need to try Clomid, progesterone, or DHEA in the end but the natural stuff might help in the meantime...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->