Period is suddenly longer?

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
For the past few months my period has been longer than usual, I started spotting dark brown last Tuesday and was full flow by the Friday, no cramps or anything and I am still medium flow with clots a week and a day later.

My cycles are irregular and can be as much as 3 months apart and have been the same since I had my little boy 22 months ago with only one cycle last February on the pill, I don't think I ovulate at all because I always get the symptoms of ovulation but my period never follows 14 days later it's usually weeks later, and I used ovulation tests for few cycles and never got a positive, with my little boy I always got very obvious positives. This cycle I had ovulation symptoms and then the spotting started a week later, I was thinking of charting but I wake with my little boy whenever he wakes up and he doesn't always wake up at the same time. But I just feel like there is something wrong with my cycles. I have been looked at for pcos but my bloods are normal and nothing on ultrasounds despite the fact I have most of the symptoms.

I'm at a loss atm when we ttc our little boy I was regular and ovulating.

Does anyone have any advice or had anything similar?

Are you on birth control? Sounds like your hormones are off from birth control. I would get a second opinion about PCOS. Make sure they check your thyroid levels.

No I'm not on anything i was only one for one month Feb 2015 and that's it since the birth of my son in June14. I have been tested for pcos a few times and nothing ever shows up and I have had my thyroid checked.

I had this after Liam. It never resolved though I did get pregnant with Erin eventually. We will see if the same happens this time when AF returns.

Longer periods are normally the result of anovulatory cycles, I've had 2 cycles like that and the bleeding lasted 16 days the first time and 10 days the second time when normally they are 6-7 days long! I know they were anovulatory because I was charting and never got pos opks. Sounds like you may need to see a doctor! Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->