Period Late But all BFN? Help Please!

Iwantbabydust

Reaction score
Me and my partner are ttc baby 1, and we did the deed all around my cycle this month. The period I had that started about 32 days ago was my first since I stopped depo.

Before contraception my cycles were always bang on 29 days, it's now day 33! my cycle/period has never been this late/long..I've been testing since a few days before AF was due, (i'd say about 4 in total before she was due) and including a ClearBlue weeks indicator (which claims to pick up HCG super early) and I used that only 2 days before AF was due- it was Neg. So I waited until my app says my period is late and I took a very cheap test yesterday (BFN) and I took 2 this morning (still really cheap ones) and still BFN?? I would of thought that HCG would show up by now if I was, so I'm starting to seriously doubt now..

I've been having light cramping on and off the past few days and just now petty much, I've had more noticable cramping, slightly more painful (life AF) but I only get these camps when I actually bleed, but AF stil not here yet? Ugh..

So ladies what do you think? Did any of you ever have a pregnancy test not turn positive untill late? I'm so confused, so some reassurance would be nice, but if it wan't meant to be, it wasn't meant to be.

Are you temping or using OPKs or anything which would indicate when you ovulated?
The thing is if you aren't, then you could have ovulated at any time. You just stopped bc, and this can mess your cycles up pretty good. It can also give pregnancy symptoms which are just hormones adjusting.
I don't think you can think of yourself as late at the moment or have any real idea of when af is actually due unless you have been temping or at the very least using some method to detect a surge in lh. For some after stopping bc they get their cycles back pretty soon and are regular, but for many it isn't like this and takes a while, it doesn't mean you can't get pregnant of course, but it does mean unless you're tracking things you won't have any clear idea of when ovulation happened, which means you won't have any clear idea when your period is due.
Clearblue with conception indicator aren't hugely sensitive, they're 25mIU, the most sensitive tests on the market are 10mIU and are tests like the cheap ICs you can find on Amazon or eBay, like One Step for instance, or Superdrug Early, or Clearblue early detection (the test with the single vertical line in the test window). They are all very sensitive, although there are very mixed reviews on One Step and most ICs, and the Clearblue aren't hugely reliable as many of them seem to give shadow lines anyway, evaps, or are plain faulty and show half a blue line. Superdrug are mixed in reviews too, many saying they gave them false positives. I haven't once had a false positive from them, but they're crap when it comes to using them for progression because their dye varies too much.
I would wait another few days and retest. If it's negative but you don't see af arrive in another week maybe see your doctor. Cramps can be a sign of impending af or a new pregnancy, or even implantation, so I wouldn't go on those to tell you anything.
Buy a more sensitive test, maybe a pack of One Step ICs so you can test at will without worrying about cost, then maybe a FRER as these are 12.5mIU and generally are pretty good at detecting pregnancy early on.
If you want a clear idea of when your period is due then perhaps think about temping and using OPKs, this way you have a clearer idea of when you may be about to ovulate and once you see a tempt shift upwards you will know you ovulated which gives you a clearer idea of when af is due

Thanks for that, I don't know for 100% what my cycles are or if they are back to normal yet, I just thought seeing a period is a good sign. I was carefully tracking CM and my cervix position, so I had a rough idea when I did O. But yeah, not sure if AF is late or my cycles are going to be irregular especially after depo. I will wait a few more days then test again, but knowing me (I have no patience) I will test tommorow, lol. Hopefully doc can do a blood test if no Af and all BFN.

I don't have any patience either so you're in good company lol
Although cm and cp can be good indicators, they may not be giving you as accurate an idea as you thought, you could have geared up to ovulate but then ovulated later on and that's why your cycle is long, or it could be the bc is messing things about. I think it's more likely you ovulated later though, than your lp being extended, even more so if it goes past 18 days, it's quite unusual to have an lp longer than that

AF came this morning.. I'm disappointed I'm not preggo and the fact I got my hopes up so much. But at least it's a sign my cycles are regular..33 Days sounds about normal, hopefully if I keep tracking I can have more of an Idea when I O and not stress AF is late when she's just taking a little longer now after bc.

Yep, disappointed, but staying positive as my cycles are on the right track after bc, thanks x

I'm sorry af arrived :hugs: I think when coming off bc it's best not to have any expectations either way about cycles as they can change so much for a while, while you adjust but hopefully yours will stay on or below 33 days as this is definitely reasonable

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->