period like bleeding?

Rei

Reaction score
Okay so I'm really freaking out. I'm bleeding like a period and I'm 6 weeks pregnant so the ERs (at least the ones that dont require insurance) won't even see me. I haven't had my first appointment yet and my regular ob/gyn is retired so i cant ask him. Is this a miscarriage? Has this happened to anyone before? I haven't had any clots but three itty bitty ones but it's red.

Wishing you the best. It could be a last period type bleeding or the start of a Mc unfortunately but hang in there

Some women do bleed, but if it's red like a period it could also be an early loss. I had this happen twice. I waited until the bleeding stopped and then took another hpt and continued taking them until they were negative to be sure. I hope it's not a miscarriage, and i think you'll just have to wait it out and retest to know for sure. If you can get in to an OB, they'll likely run labs to see if hcg is going up or down. I'm sorry you are going thru this and I really hope it turns out to be nothing.

Thanks! I have been trying to get in to see an OB but they refuse to see me until I'm 8 weeks pregnant. Fortunately I think the bleeding is starting to stop so I have my fingers crossed that it won't start up again. My mother in law (because I have the best inlaws in the world) is buying me a couple pregnancy tests to see if they are still positive or at least fainter than my last. She's scared of me being on my feet right now XD.

I think the worst part of this is that there is literally nothing I can do right now and I feel so helpless and no one can help me. We just got done announcing it to the rest of our friends and family this past weekend and I feel like such an idiot for doing so. I should have waited until my first appointment to be sure.

I had period like bleeding a 4 weeks, just after my bfp and assumed it was a chemical. Three weeks later I found out I was actually still pregnant. I've just had another 2 day period like bleed and am in limbo waiting to see if all is well. Breakthough bleeding when AF would be due for the first three months is quite common.

I have been bleeding for 5 weeks, pretty much since my BFP. My scan on Saturday showed healthy babies, I am bleeding from an area that they are not attached to.

Good luck.

It could go either way, at this point. Fingers are crossed for you that everything turns out well and that your little bean is safe!

Thank you all so much. I'm trying to stay positive. I took an hpt and it was so positive it took dye from the control line XD. I'll take another one a week before my appointment. The bleeding has turned to a light spotting and I haven't passed any clots so fingers crossed.

That sounds good! With my chemical, my line never progressed past a faint little thing, and faded away just as fast as it appeared.

Hey hun sorry your going through this I know it's hard but try not too worry too much (easier said then done) but talking from personal experience I bled at 4 weeks, 8 weeks & 11 weeks, my MW said you wouldn't believe how many women bleed especially early pregnancies and many of them go on to have very healthy babies, it could be brearthrough bleed which is normally around the time of your expected period? Could be due to your cervix being irritated during foreplay or intercourse? Just monitor the bleeding, and if your still worried ring the EPU or a MW and they will talk too you regarding the bleeding, also try not too do another test if you can as that's what I did I did one and the positive line was darker than control but week later it was a lot lighter than control line and I was around 6 plus weeks as normally that's when your levels are too high and the pregnancy test can't read it properly so makes the line later (called the hook effect) as levels are too high, xx

Thank you. I started feeling really nauseated these last couple days and by breasts feel really heavy and full (I really need another bra XD ) so I think I'm still pregnant. I'm trying to stay really optimistic

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->