Period like cramps at 8 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by michelle1985, Jan 28, 2011.

1. michelle1985

michelle1985 Well-Known Member

hi guys was just wondering if this is normal?

2. bobbyrabbit

bobbyrabbit Mum to 1 gorgeous girl

I am just over 7 weeks and still getting cramps pretty much every day. I get the impression it is normal but not sure how much and for how long

3. oboeverity

oboeverity Mummy to Ted and Willem

Yep! Totally normal! If they are seriously uncomfortable, or accmpanied by beelding, you need to get the checked out asap. I cramped all the way through with DS, and they've only really just worn off now with this pregnancy
    xxx

4. michelle1985

michelle1985 Well-Known Member

cheers guys i do have 2 kids but that was 8 and 6 years ago and dont remember getting any with them, i had a scan on thursday and everything was ok then.

5. karentia

karentia pregnant

hiya in my pregnancy i had period like cramps solid till i was 10wks , sometimes really bad ! if u have any bleeding then get checked otherwise they r quite normal hun , ps my baby is now 15mths old ;)

6. Folly

Folly Well-Known Member

I am sure I read somewhere they are especially common around the time your period would have been due and it's down to hormone levels being slightly lower, nothing to worry about on their own though :)

7. oxfordbabe

oxfordbabe Member

Hi

Glad read this, as i am in y 6th week and keep getting cramps, trouble is i know probably normal but still does not stop me worrying

8. wilkie23

wilkie23 Well-Known Member

I had this for about 4 -5 days last week, it seems to have passed now but they were exactly the same as my normal period pains, I don't think you need to worry unless you have bleeding as well

9. mmdrago

mmdrago Nervously expecting #1

I keep getting cramps and it ends up being either gas or my bladder needs emptying and I don't even realize it

10. MMonroe8

MMonroe8 Well-Known Member

Yup - all part of either constipation or stretching/changes! They will come and go from time to time.