Period like cramps

Talia12

Reaction score
I'm lying in bed and have got what feels like really bad period pains. Labour with my ds started with my waters breaking so I never had the wondering of "is this it?" that I always read about... is this it?! I'm actually worrying about it a bit because it doesn't feel like contractions or tightening and there's no regularity to it...so instead of feeling hopeful I'm just a bit worried! Can't go to sleep.
Anyone got any advice for me?
Baby's been moving.

Sounds like it could definitely be the very early beginnings of something. With both my dd's I had this, then it fizzled out, allowed me to sleep a few hours then woke up a few hours later with regular/timable contractions. Hate to get your hopes up if it isn't, just sharing my own experience :) FX, good luck to you!

Thank you! Helpful to hear. I will try to sleep soon too - I'm just so on high alert feeling for baby's movements as I'm paranoid that whatever it is causing the cramping might distress her... :shrug:

Ooh exciting! I hope something is starting. I had this on and off for days before labour with my second, it kept fizzling out and I didn’t sleep for the two nights before I had him. I hope it keeps going for you!

Don’t worry, the cramps won’t be distressing your baby. :)

Ooh exciting! I hope something is starting. I had this on and off for days before labour with my second, it kept fizzling out and I didn’t sleep for the two nights before I had him. I hope it keeps going for you!

Don’t worry, the cramps won’t be distressing your baby. :)

Oh god don't say that haha! Please no fizzling 😱
Thanks! I'll be letting you know either way, possibly with a really annoyed rant about how it all came to nothing haha :haha:

I've given up on sleep for now (3am) and am bouncing on my ball like mad while trying to get my last work project finished...just in CASE something does happen ;) (and if not, at least I will have finished work, haha)

Sounds like the start of something! Good luck hun xxx

Could be something or nothing! I had these for a few days during my induction but it never came to anything, could be something starting though, keep bouncing! X

Went to sleep in the end as it seemed to be tailing off. Woken up this morning with nothing...! I feel a bit heartened anyway. It was good to have SOME sign that baby knows she has to come out soon :blush:
Back to walking loads and raspberry leaf!

Went to sleep in the end as it seemed to be tailing off. Woken up this morning with nothing...! I feel a bit heartened anyway. It was good to have SOME sign that baby knows she has to come out soon :blush:

Same here Talia although I'm hoping my little one stays put as less than 48 hours to go! I've been gettinf cramps for about 1.5 weeks now and strong braxton Hicks's that sometimes get consistent but then just tail off:shrug: it's not always simple this baby business eh:haha: you've not long left now mind, hope baby makes an appearance soon!

Same here Talia although I'm hoping my little one stays put as less than 48 hours to go! I've been gettinf cramps for about 1.5 weeks now and strong braxton Hicks's that sometimes get consistent but then just tail off:shrug: it's not always simple this baby business eh:haha: you've not long left now mind, hope baby makes an appearance soon!

So exciting for you!
Yeah I hope she puts in an appearance soon too. They can definitely be monkeys these babies and they give zero craps what we had planned haha :shrug:

Bummer that it came to nothing! I hope it gets started again and turns into something! It’s so frustrating waiting to go into labour.

Really is! Keeping my fingers crossed. Been trying every disgusting labour inducing tea that google suggests haha.

Period like cramps are a good sign. I had them for several hours one afternoon about 5 days before I went into labour with my first. With her, my waters did break first (so I knew labour was starting), but shortly after I got period cramps, but they came very regularly and then turned into proper contractions. This time around I had them on and off last week for several days, including one episode during the night that was really uncomfortable and I had to breathe through it a bit! Slightly panic inducing at only 35 weeks! My first was born at 37 weeks naturally, so I sort of expect to go early ish, but I was hoping not too early. Thankfully everything tailed off after a few days and I've had no more the past couple days.

So it can mean something (especially as you're 39 weeks), but it can just be a sign your body is getting ready. I'm definitely aware mine is preparing itself, but also that labour isn't (hopefully) too imminent either. Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks! Seems hopeful that it means SOMETHING is happening. I'm seeing my mw on Wednesday at 40+1 and plan to beg her for a sweep but I've just got this feeling my cervix is going to be totally closed. I feel like if I was dilating at all, I'd have lost at least some mucus plug :shrug: God knows.
Hope baby holds on another couple of weeks for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->