Period Pain and hosp visit

Donna26

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wanted to let you know about my day- I've been having very intense period pain for the last 3 days- so bad in fact I haven't slept- I had contractions Monday/Tuesday, which were painful- but not regular. i thought whoppeeeee!!she's on her way.
Rang the hospital yesterday to ask for advice,just to see what period pain could be and was babs in distress- Midwife said take paracetamol and as I haven't had my show or waters have gone then stay at home and if it continues to ring again.

I was allready bkd in with my community midwife this morning, so after another painfull night (without any contractions though),along with reduced movements, I explained all to MW- when she was trying to find babs' position the midwife couldn't tell how she was lying at all and was worried she had turned herself breech and that was what the pain is as she has been 3/5's engaged for wks now-
So the MW referred me to the hosp (even though they were very narkey to her on the phone, saying they were busy and couldn't it wait- but my mw insisted I be seen)

Anyway when I got there they were brill- I expected to be treated like I was a nuisance after how they were with the mw-but they couldn't have been better. They hooked me up to the CTG mach and monitored bab's HB and if I was having contractions- I wasn't -but there were small contractions registering- not enough for them to think I was in labour- HB was fine, but the MW couldn't work out where she was lying either- so I got a scan- I can't believe that we got to see her again!!:cloud9:

So to sum up- babs is fine- it's me that's suffering- period pain is still intense which can mean that it'll happen soon- but they won't call it slow labour as no major contraction was registered. So it's called false labour She's 2/5's engaged and scan has estimated that she is 7lbs 7 at the mo (I've been predicted a 10lber due to my height!!)

I will say though- if this isn't the start of labour and it's going to be more painful than what i've gone through the last few days- they can pump me full of drugs for the real thing- I though I had a high pain threshold and would go natural!!!!:dohh:

Glad bubs is ok, but sorry that you're still in pain!!

Maybe try a warm bath, see if that helps with the pain?

xx

Glad things are ok and doesn't sound like it will be too long until you meet your LO xx

Sorry you're in pain! glad everythings ok with bubs =))

I've been having period pains in my back and tummy since last wednesday so i can sympathise with you.

Glad things are ok! I finally broke down and had some tylenol before bed last night so I could sleep :(

That's brilliant that your MW stood up for you and you got to see your little girl again. :D

I'm glad everythings alright. You could be meeting her soon. :D

Glad all is well with LO, seems like it shouldn't be long until you get to meet your little lady. Good luck! x

:happydance: ooooh so you might be seeing your LO soon!! Exiting!! :) Glad she's ok though!!

Glad all is well with LO! Sounds like you wont be much longer now. I have been having the same pains on and off yesterday and today so hoping its not much longer for me either! You are due the day before me :D xx

Glad bubs is well, and fingers crossed that you don't have to wait too much longer to meet her!
xx

Sorry to hear that you're still in pain but glad all is well!

I hope things speed up for you soon hun!!!! x

Thanks to you all- it'll just be my luck I go over due- i'm trying not to get too excited about it just incase!!!
Thanks again
D
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583