Period pains and tightening 27 weeks

Savannah11

Love my boys xxx
Reaction score
So for the past two days i've had 'regular' period pains that keep coming and going - more so at night and sometimes teamed with a tightening at the bottom of my tummy.
Anybody have any idea what it could be?
I've tried timing them but they are so spontaneous... at night last night they were every half hour/hour and only lasting about 20 seconds and today every couple of hours last again for only 20 seconds.

If they carry on i'm going to call into the hospital just to be sure but does anyone have any experience with this?
xx

Hey lady! These sound like perhaps braxton hicks, or just your ligaments stretching and uterus stretching.

Are you still sexually active? Sometimes orgasms can cause this as well as they are technically tiny contractions in the uterus.

Also can cause this: dehydration, too much or too little sodium, too much activity, general stress.

I'd let your nurse know, but may be something that can wait until your next appointment, do you know when that is?

I would always call if you’re worried lovely.

:hugs:

My first was born at 27 weeks, the contractions were consistant, around every 20 minutes. They were so painful I couldn't sleep and squirmed around. I would say they were 10x worse than period cramps for me anyway. I would get checked out if you're really worried, it's always best to be safe. If you're in the United States I would call your triage nurse and go to labor & delivery instead of the ER. The ER was actually going to send me home claiming they were Braxton Hicks until the neurologist said to go to L&D, by the time I got there I was already 3 cm dilated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->