Period pains

Laurenshelley

Mum to my daughter Mia
Reaction score
What's normal?
Hello lady's this is my second pregnancy but my daughter I never went into labor, but I'm now 36+3 and experiencing the last 2 days period like pains and lower back ache is this normal?
X

I also have been getting period type pains that last awhile before disappearing. I did mention it to my midwife and she said it could be my bodies way of experiencing Braxton hicks?
I still dont know but she didnt seemed concerned when i mentioned it.
:flower:

Menstrual-type cramps in the third trimester are totally normal. :)

I had them for the first time early this morning, was a dull ache like period cramps. Lasted about an hour and a half and stopped. Dunno what it is, maybe the cervix working on effacing or baby's head putting pressure on it? It's normal though, I see a lot of women mention it.

I have been getting these period pains & bh that are painful for a few weeks now. I feel your pain!

I've been having them since about 37 weeks and at 39 weeks I've dilated 1cm since then according to my obgyn so it could be your body making progress.

I've had quite a few and my doctor said it's a combination of me dilating and of the baby's head putting pressure on my cervix. Totally normal, just a bummer. I guess that's nature's way of getting us back for not having periods for the last nine months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->