Period regularity post baby while bf

Egyptiangirl

Mum and TTC No 2
Reaction score
Hi,
My periods returned when lo was 5 months old in april. But since then they have ranged hugely in length with a couple being 34 days and one being 19 days!! Pre baby I was very regular at 24 days and always ovulated around day 10.

So, any info on whether irregular periods are normal? And if so, for how long til they regulate or is this the case because im still ebf?

Thanks!

My dd is just over 11 months now and I end until 6 months now she gets solids and bf. My first period came when she was 4 months and since then I have only had 3 and these have been at varying times apart. I think its pretty normal while breastfeeding

I think irregular periods are pretty normal when ebf. I was lucky enough to only get mine back recently, but I finished the first one just over a week ago and now I'm having another mini one! :( It can take a while before they get back to regular.

Totally normal to be irregular as your hormones will go up and down according to how much milk LO takes.

I started my period again around 4/5 months and it's been irregular since. Honestly I feel like I'm ALWAYS on my period bc I rarely get a break. This could be down to bf, bc, or both.

I got some spotting last weekend, at 3 months and I ebf. 2-3 drops in a course of 3 days. Could it be a period?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->