period returned at 4months -exclusive breastfeeding??

origin

Reaction score
Hi
My period showed up this monring. I am exclusively breastfeeding and my little girl is only 4 and half months - is this early?? I want to start trying for our second by the ned of the year - so i am happy but should i be worried it came back quicker than expected??? What's the norm? xxx

I started at 12 weeks!! It was really light n then stopped and came back when lo was 7 months.. Very normal.. Lo is stil bfing and only one solids meal a day and it stil came back! Lol

This happened to me last month. I heard that it happens when baby starts spacing their feeds to 4+ hours apart. Lil goes 3-4 hours so I guess that was enough to kick things off again. I expected a year of no periods so was shocked too!

My first one was by around four months. I was disappointed it was back so early!
First one was horrible but mine have been quite light since.

Mine returned at 6 weeks, a real shame as this was only 3 weeks after my bleeding post-delivery had stopped! I am breastfeeding, although in the first two weeks we had some difficulties, so I was topping up with formula now and then. I wonder if this is why mine returned so soon.

They do say to use contraception while breastfeeding as your period can return at any time ... BF isn't a surefire way of stopping ovulation, and I hear other mums have had 'normal' periods while BF while others haven't had any for the duration. 4 months would have been lovely for me! :)

I was still doing 3 hourly breast feeds with my 3 month old when I got pregnant with my second child, never had a period but obviously ovulated so would have had period had I not got pregnant again. I was also on the mini pill so I am still bemused as to why I got pregnant still.

My 2nd period since having LO has just ended last Monday. I've been exclusively BFing but LO has been sleeping 5-8hrs at night (up for 30 mins then asleep for another 2-3 hrs) since birth... Mine is MUCH MUCH lighter than it has been ever before but it's still sad!

My AF came back when DS was 14 weeks old and EBF. He was still nursing every 1-2 hours around the clock! :shock: I think it had to do with his comfort sucking. He started sucking his thumb instead of me. I (accidentally) got pg on my third cycle when he was only 5 months old. DS and DD are 13 months apart to the day. With her, AF stayed away for 8 months. But she uses me for comfort sucking.

With my son it came back at 9 weeks (bleeding stopped at 8 :growlmad:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->