Period type pains at 37+4. Are these BH?

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
I was induced with DD at 37 weeks and the days prior to this, I was having period type pains, had a bloody show, was 2cm dilated and she was fully engaged. I don't think I ever had any BH with her though (or I didn't feel them).

This baby was still breech as of last Monday and I'm booked in for a c section in 12 days if he doesn't turn. Since Monday, I've been having period type pains, that come and go. I might get loads over the period of an hour and then nothing for a few hours so there's no consistency to them. I've also been having back ache. Are these BH?
I'm so worried about going to labour with him being breech.

Sorry I can't offer any advice, but I'm 37+6 and also feeling lots of period type pains. The difference is my baby is engaged. As a ftm I have no idea what BH feel like so I don't know whether this is them or not!

Just popping over to tell you not to worry. I had a scheduled section with my second and my water broke 2 weeks early and I went into labor. No big deal. They just do the section when u get to hospital that's all. Period type cramps are contractions not BH. BH are not painful or uncomfortable they just tighten your belly.

They aren't really BH unless you're feeling more of a contraction with no pain, which is how BH usually are described. But it's normal to have period type pains as you get to the end. It can be a sign that your body is preparing for labour and obviously you can also have them in early labour, but that doesn't necessarily mean labour is imminent either. I had them on and off for a few hours about 5 days before I had my daughter. It was the only time I ever had any cramping (also never had any BH as far as I know, never felt anything like that anyway). That was 37+0. I went into labour naturally at 37+5. I had the same period cramps again at the start of labour (but I knew I was in labour, waters broke, bloody show, and clear out all within an hour, and then the mild period cramps started). So it can mean something, but it can also just mean your body is starting to get ready or baby is moving or even engaging, etc.

Just be careful as it is different for everyone...with both my previous labors, my contractions felt exactly like really bad menstrual cramps so if they persist after an hour and/or continue to get increasingly painful, you may very well be in labor! A lot of ftms don't actually get bhs...we do in subsequent labors because I think our bodies just know what to do better but I never had bhs with my first or even second, this baby has given me tons of Braxton hicks though, they are totally different from contractions, your belly will get really hard but it's totally painless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->