periods and breastfeeding

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
To breastfeeding moms ( only breast) -when did you get your period back?
Is it likely to get pregnant before you get your period back?

i stopped breastfeeding when Ewan was 9 months old and thats when my periods returned.
It was bliss not having to worry about that for 9 months of pregnancy and then another 9 months on top of that!

Different for every woman, but yes, you can get pregnant even if you dont have a visible period. And you can get pregnant while BF, its not 100% birth control :D

Still have not had one and Bren is about to be 5 months!

alexa is over five months and still no period for me! but that doesn't mean that I can't get pregnant, because at anytime, i could ovulate. i mean so far so good, but since I am not looking to get pregnant, i don't rely on breast feeding as birth control.

I didn't expect to have a period whilst b/f but i think the mini-pill put me to rights on that one. A week after i started it i got my first period, probably 2wks ago now and it lasted a lot longer than it used to.

I had an anovulatory period 3 weeks PP. Since then I have had 2 cycles where I ovulated, but quite a bit later in my cycle than usual. I normally had 25 day cycles, now they're almost 10 days longer. It takes my body a little longer to rev up and ovulate. LP is the same.

I watch my body's fertility signs so I know when I ovulate, and yes it's entirely possible to get pregnant prior to your first period.
:hug:

What if you BF for a longer time? I'd like to keep going up to 2 or 3 years if i can. But would also like to start trying for #2 before that. Is it possible?

My aunt had to wean her son before she could fall pregnant again

You can get pg before your period. My son was approx 8 mo old and I was still pretty much EXCLUSIVELY bfing when I got my period back. I was pissed- was hoping for a longer break:)

I had my first period when Sam was 7 months... still waiting to see if I ovulate this month and if my cycles are back to how they were before x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->