periods or bleeds during pregnancy? I don't understand....

Moondance

Waiting too damn long
Reaction score
Hello all.
I came with a question about periods during pregnancy. I've heard that there are a lot of women who don't initially even know they're pregnant because they still have what appears to be periods that come on time and don't seem any different.
I ask because people keep telling me I should test as I've had a few pregnancy type symptoms over the past few weeks (nausea, vomiting, severe bloat (to the tune of 8kg in weight), craving particular foods, I've gone sex mad (which for me is huge, I'm not that sexual a person), fatigue but also insomnia, body pains, lower abdomen cramping, major emotional moodiness, and omg pimples, I DON'T get pimples, like, ever... And now I'm breaking out in them. At least 2 on my face and several on my body, for a few days I'll be off my food but then be ravenous) but I had a period of sorts... my periods usually average 3 to 4 days, this one lasted maybe a day and a half?
And most of that blood was brownish old stuff not red blood. I'm just waiting it out but I thought I'd ask..
Because I seriously don't understand how a bleed can happen in a pregnancy without losing the baby. It confuses me that this is even possible. Can anyone explain?
Gah.

Thankyou

Never experienced it myself but from reading these boards there are a lot of ladies who have had bleeds and baby been fine. The only way to know is test :flower:

Well early on you can have implantation bleeding which comes and the time your period would be due but is short lived (a few light days)and is a result of implantation. After that people bleed for all sorts of reasons (as I've found out!) It can vary between cervical erosion to break through bleeding our can be a sign something is wrong with the pregnancy. The thing to do if your think your pregnant is take a test, false positives are very rare.

Hi :)

A woman won't have a period as such, but bleeding is quite common and usually not anything serious. She can have all sorts of bleeds like breakthrough bleeding when her 'period' would be due, bleeding after sex due to the more sensitive and blood rich cervix, some women have had small hemmorages (my spelling) in the uterus and it has stopped itself. Sometimes there is no explanation why and just one of the wonders of pregnancy :)

Have you tested? Xx

I haven't tested, no....
But I've been ttc for 5 years. I've learnt in that time period that I hate tests. I refuse to do them anymore. I just stick with the "wait and see" thing now. Saves me money, lol.
Specially when you turn into a symptom spotter and wind up spending $50+ on tests every cycle.
The disappointment also sucks so I can't bring myself to do them anymore.

That's understandable but if your actually think your might be pregnant then ur would be a good time to test. You can get them from the dollar store and they are just as good

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->