Person who lived in this flat before me

Yeah id just write "not known at this address return to sender"

At my old place i got parking tickets, debt collectors the lot for the previous tenant, this icing on the cake though was when she dumped her dead granny at the funeral directors and gave them my adress as contact and billing details :rofl: :rofl:

Arghhh Katie I have this too! I've had debt collectors come to the door for our previous tenants- it's horrible! I had to show proof of who I was for them to sod off :(

I have been in this house for over 2yrs and in the summer I had debt collectors turn up at my door. I say debt collectors, it was a man and woman in there 50s dressed like tramps. I was mortified, my next door neighbours were having a bbq in the front garden and could hear everything!

ladies If u rent via an estate agent u should take the mail to them to deal with as they should be notifying the utilities companies that the previous tenant has moved out. If not u can pass the letters back to the landlord to deal with. X

You know I was going to post something similar, I brought my house 18 months ago and still get tonnes of mail for the previous owner. I even get her wage slips and bank statements. I used to just put on the envelope 'NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS, RETURN TO SENDER' but that did nothing so I took some of the bank stuff to Halifax and they said that they would put a block on her account so when she tried to use it she would have to conatct them straight away to change her address. This has stopped stuff from them but in the last 6 months we have started to get mail from Barclays so I am going to go down there on Monday and have another moan.

I even called her work to tell them to stop sending her wage slips here (she was on ML when we moved) and she hadn't even told them that she had moved.

And people wonder why identity fraud is so high?

You could be getting allsorts of stuff in her name, catalogues, credit cards etc etc,

You could easily turn yourself into "them" to get any kind of credit service. Some people are just so stupid its unreal. I always change addresses immediatley or have a mail redirect setup, yeah its about £40 but a hell of a lot cheaper than someone nicking all my money :hissy:

It is ridiculous. When I lived in the UK last year we were getting lots of mail for about 4 different occupants, 2 of which apparently had never actually lived there (according to the estate agents) so don't know if that was some kind of fraud going on because their were debt collectors after them.

Funniest thing was one day someone turned up with a TV for one of these people. They'd actually ordered a new TV and had it sent to MY address. Dumbass.

I did like Claire, one day got fed up and just opened a load of their post and phoned all the companies. Before then I'd been returning everything "not at this address".

Our estate agent were no good, said it wasn't their problem.

Errr i hope you kept the tv for compensation for using your phone to ring all of those companies :rofl: :rofl:

Errr i hope you kept the tv for compensation for using your phone to ring all of those companies :rofl: :rofl:

Considered it... but we'd just bought a bigger, better one :rofl:

Anyway, the bugger probably hadn't paid for it :dohh:

The best bit of post I ever got for the previous owner of a house was the tickets for their all inclusive holiday in Egypt!!! I took that to the agents and they passed it on to the couple, they were so happy they got the agents to deliver a bottle of wine to me!

In my current house I kept getting speeding tickets and parking tickets for the previous owner so I called the DVLA as it is an offence not to tell them you have moved. They gave me a letter that I copy and sent back to the police with the tickets. I did have to call one police force and when I explained the situation they were great and no more traffic tickets have arrived for the bloke.

we moved in march and we get bank statments, NHS letter for there child/children all sorts that they have not been bothered to change the address on and one of the NHS one i no was for jabs since it came just like the ones we get for kyle :wacko::dohh:

We still get mail for the people who lived here before the person we bought this place from. We've lived here for 4.5 years now.

Just stripping off the wall paper to decorate the nursery recently, we found "Kelly Loves C**k" written on the wall... thanks Kelly!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:!!

same here! we've been living in this house for about 6 or 7 years now and we still get 3/4 letters a month! its soooo annoying

We've been living in the house for 4 years now, and we still get letters for the previous owners parents....who died in the 1980's:wacko::dohh:

we had piles of letters for old tennants who had just run off. Even got debt collecters knocking at our door a few times. Not cool :(

When the mail person gets there, tell them that the said person doesnt live here. They should stop sending mail.

In the states, Michigan, the post office has to put the name of everyone that receives mail on a tab and post it in the mail box. They wont deliver mail to that address unless the name is on that tab.

Best bet is to give the mail to the landlord/letting agent/council and they should be able to forward it on to her :) ! Failing that just open the mail and contact the relevent parties informing them that the adressee doesn't live there anymore :) ! Thats what we did and the mail gradually stopped within a week or 2 and now we only get the odd one xxx

Ive had CSA knocking on my door looking for a man, and when they saw my hubby sitting on the sofa they demanded ID.
He let them see his passport and they havent knocked since, but its scarey!!

I've been in my house for about 7 years and just the other day we got a Christmas card for the people who used to live here...

We used to get this a lot in our old property, soooo glad the place we are in now is a new build and no one has EVER lived here before us. Mind you we still end up getting other peoples post (same flat number but different road, silly postman!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->