Persona......?

booflebump

Mummy to Toby
Reaction score
Has anyone used this as a contraceptive before? Apparentely it is only 3% less effective than the pill? I'm fed up of the pill (on a new one which has got rid of my crazy pmt but my face is beyond a mess of spots), and dont fancy any of the other options (implant, injection, coil....shudder)

Is it just natural family planning jazzed up or does it really work as a contraceptive?????? xxxxx

Iv got no idea hun. Have you tryed google'in it?

I think it's natural fam plan, with the aid of sticks/a monitor :) xx

I've googled it - its a monitor with pee on a stick thingmibobs that you stick in and it tells you whether its a 'red' day (fertile and dont bd) or a 'green; day (non fertile, bd till your hearts content) but wondering if its any more reliable than charting and knowing your fertile days....mmm! xxx

I've googled it - its a monitor with pee on a stick thingmibobs that you stick in and it tells you whether its a 'red' day (fertile and dont bd) or a 'green; day (non fertile, bd till your hearts content) but wondering if its any more reliable than charting and knowing your fertile days....mmm! xxx

So its a posh opk then? Think it might be a bit more reliable cos it will be measuring your hormones.

I think thats the general idea.....going to run it past the OH and see what he thinks - he's very sympathetic to my hormonal plight and we would be sensible enough to stick to green days! xxx

Maybe I should look into this, as I'm not allowed to use anything hormonal.
Trouble is, it's probably the red days I'd want to :sex: most :rofl:

This is something we are thinking about as well as OH is desperate for me to come off the pill for health reasons as much as anything.

Let me know what you decide hun xxx

i actually have 1 of these, am ashamed to say its not even out of its box and have had it for 8 months xx

i actually have 1 of these, am ashamed to say its not even out of its box and have had it for 8 months xx

If you aren't going to use it hun and would like to sell it may be worth popping an ad in the for sale section :) I for one would be keen!! xxx

il have another read of the instructions then if i cant get my head around it i will sell it, got it from boots, think it was about £60 ish??might be cheaper on ebay though poppet xx

i used this to conceive ! lots do, just same as clearblue ones... if NOT ttc u BD on the green days as u wud with clearblue, if u are ttc u BD on the red and peak days :D but it does take 2mth approx to get use to ur cycle u will get a lot of red days in these 2mth ..... good to use , especially if ur ttc in the future as u can use this to help also xx

il have another read of the instructions then if i cant get my head around it i will sell it, got it from boots, think it was about £60 ish??might be cheaper on ebay though poppet xx

You are right hun, just seen one for £39.99 new and sealed :) Thanks for the thought and good luck with getting on with yours!!

xxx

no probs, i am the ebay queen, embarrasingly ive been wanting to buy pg tests from there but think its maybe a bit premature hehe xx

no probs, i am the ebay queen, embarrasingly ive been wanting to buy pg tests from there but think its maybe a bit premature hehe xx

I got aload of preg tests, because my periods are so erratic, even being on the pill, its nice to have something there to comfort us... Just incase! :p

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's not the same as nfp as it measures hormone levels (not ovulation symptoms). I'm using both, nfp and Persona. Nfp is actually incredibly reliable by itself (same as the pill if you don't make mistakes) but backing it up with Persona makes me feel a bit more secure as it's more objective and can't be interpreted in the wrong way.

I can only recommend trying it. It's incredible how you can learn to read your own body.

Had a chat and he's ok with the idea - does mean barrier methods for the next two months but hopefully its going to stop all my hormone related woes and my face wont look like mount vesuvius has erupted all over it!! xxx

Hi, i had never heard of this. i think i will look into it as I like to know my own bdoy and get off the bcps.

xx

Iv been thinking about this, it will be cheeper than buying comdoms for the next 2 years but i dont know if OH will trust it. Would also help when ttc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->