Personal Hospital Gown?

Ashley2189

Mommy to a sweet toddler
Reaction score
Anyone thinking about buying their own hospital gown? i've been considering it, but also thinking about the practical side and the mess involved. i'd really rather wear my own. maybe wearing it AFTER delivery? do they usually give you a clean gown to change into after delivery or do you just stay in the same one?

in the uk we bring our own nighty/big t shirt to labour in then fresh one for afterward x

Ashley- they will change your gown as often as you'd like. For me I labor in their gown, change into a new one afterwards and then usually shower the next morniing and put on my own PJ's from there on out (or sweats and a large shirt). I wouldn't bother buying your own hospital gown though.

I found this one on amazon, it's just over $20 and so cute! I feel like I'd much rather wear this than a hospital issued gown. i'm sure the last thing on your mind when you're delivering is what you're wearing, but i'm going to hate wearing a hospital one. the only time i've worn a hospital gown was during the worst time of my life and lots of things trigger those bad memories. so maybe buying two of these gowns would be good - one for before and one for after! then the next day probably just wear regular, loose-fitting clothes.

Attachments

• gown.jpg
    gown.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 15
Cute....but I'd put my $$$$ on that halter part driving you NUTS during delivery. Also you may want to check your hospitals policy for wearing your own gown during labor....they may not allow it. In the event that they need to do a crash csection the hospital gowns are all snaps and come off so easy.....this they would cut to shreds with scissors.

Most everyone I know brings their own gown to wear AFTER the delivery. But during I think they just wear what the hospital provides since it gets messy.

that one in the picture is meant to be disposable, has a low back for epidurals and the front actually is slit with ties for monitors etc.... so I don't think it would really interfere with hospital's needs.
BUT, I'm just not convinced its going to give me enough coverage with my boob size etc, lol!

I've looked at the hospital-style ones you can order custom-made and I'm just not convinced any hospital style gown is going to be comfortable.... :( So I figure i'll suffer with theirs until after labor or the next day then wear my own!

I was thinking of getting two night dresses and a thin dressing gown. I don't normally wear night dresses I wear PJ's but obviously you need bottom out lol.

Then I'll probably take just something like leggings and vest, cardigan for if you stay in and get dressed or for coming home etc.

Mothercare do some nice night dress/dressing gown sets, or alternatively. Somewhere like Primark/Matalan if you are worried about them getting reuined. I don't know if they put everyone in a gown or just those for sections/epidurals?

x

with luisa i laboured in my own nightie and then changed into another after delivery.

with charlie i wore a light black summer dress i had.

xx

I will be completely honest. I did not give a crap that I had a hospital gown on I was hurting and they needed easy access to check me. I don't see much point in buying one for labor. I changed after I had my daughter. With the IV tubes and having an easy open back side I appreciated the gown lol. Also I was in the water at first and it was easier to un snap my arm to take off the gown to get in. Though to each their own! GL on your decision!

Lol giving birth is a messy, some-what painful, yet beautiful experience. Going through it, you will not care if you're even wearing clothes. Perhaps after, but know it's also messy... you bleed a lot after you give birth. They give you mesh panties and pads, but it's still messy.

Yes, each to her own, and if you feel better labouring in style, have at it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->