Personalised growth charts

lau86

Reaction score
This is a new thing for me since having my 2 sons. What's it all about? According to the growth chart ds1 was 2nd centile and ds2 was 10th so they're sending me for growth scans. I believe this baby is around the 15th at the moment.
I told the hospital when I was pregnant with my second son I felt my first son was small and they did a growth scan at 28 weeks which was fine. This seems to be more often though? I've already had one and having another at 32 weeks.
I'm wondering why I need all this intervention. I feel like I can't really turn it down as I wouldn't want anything happen to my baby then someone say 'well you didn't do as we recommended' but it's making me feel quite anxious like something is going to be wrong.
At what point do they say, you just make small babies??

I'm not entirely sure what the growth charts are about but tbh the 34 week scan did more harm them good for us as it showed a big slowdown in growth so ended up with a 36 week scan as well (5lb 3oz which for me is a big baby). I actually kinda agree as, as much as its a good thing I think it can add alot more stress esp as some folk will always have small babies.

I hate these things. My baby is now measuring off the chart and will be huge. But all my babies have been huge. It just makes me worry more

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->