Pessary For Thrush - Under 6 Weeks

Mango

Reaction score
Hi B&B fam,

I currently have a yeast infection and am well under 6 weeks... closer to 3.5/4 weeks. My doc said it was ok to use the 3-day pessaries.

Has anyone else used them so early on in their pregnancy? :shrug:

Obviously I want to get rid of the thrush but want to feel a bit more reassured.

Hi there, i can't speak to the pessaria but I was having recurring thrush this pregnancy, so annoying! Since before I knew actually. Never had it w DS. Anyway My gp also prescribed something but like you I wasnt sure about it. I decided to see if it would help to eat lots of yoghurt and wear only cotton underwear. Did the trick for me, I thought I wud share, maybe it works for you too. Ow yes and wash your underwear hot (my midwife recommended this, I have sadly ruïned some of my panties this way but oh well).

Hope it clears up for you soon!

Hi Aelyana! Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. I've had it for over a week (even before my bfp) and over the week I've tried everything from yogurt to drinking lots of water, cranberry juice, raw garlic, cotton undies only... u name it... and it eased slightly but then ramped back up again.

I tried one of the pessaries last night (fingers crossed that i does no damage). It was definietly more gentle than the Canestan. I'll update this thread in a week so that others can at least know what my experience was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->