Petite mum to be

Little nic

Reaction score
I'm a tiny mum to be.I'm only 4'11" and normally weigh just over 6 st.
Are there any mums to be out there tiny like me wondering how and where's this baby gonna go,or petite women who have had successful pregnancies and births.
Because of me being so tiny I have to see a consultant throughout my pregnancy,but have reassured this isn't un common.
X

Hey, I'm not quite as tiny as you but I'm usually 5ft2 and weigh just over 8 stone usually and I had to see a consultant with my daughter because they didnt think my hips would be any good for birth but I had her normaly :) This time they dont seem bothered though think it's because its my 2nd lol xx

I'm quite small too, not as small as you though. I'm about 5ft 2 and pre-pregnancy I was about 7/7 and a half stone. I haven't been put under a consultant or anything, was unaware that they do that. People keep saying to me that I'll have to have a c-section which really upsets me to be honest, I don't see why I can't do this naturally.
So really I have no advice particularly, but just want to say I think our bodies are more capable than they give us credit for!

Hi, I'm petite as well. I round up and say I'm 5'0 -- haha! I don't know the stones to pounds conversion or whatever, but I was pretty thin before having my first. I put on a gross amount of weight with her (like 45lbs, no joke) and I looked ridiculous. I was induced at 37 weeks for low fluid, and gave birth "naturally" (as in not a c-section) to a 5lb 13oz baby. About 2 weeks before I was induced, I started having contractions and my hips spread out. I was seriously as wide as I was tall. I got stretch marks on my hips overnight from that. I recommend getting a belly band in the smallest size you can find because those things are God sends after the baby is born and your hips feel out of whack. You can put it over your hips for a little support.

Additionally, my sister is 4'10" and she also gave birth "naturally" with minimal problems. She had a 9lb baby. Poor woman!

Don't worry about whether or not you're built for birthing -- things will work themselves out.

I'm pretty little, but not as small as you! My midwife hasn't voiced any concerns, so I'm sure my body can handle it :)

But my brother-in-law's ex had two kids and she was 4'11" and really thin. She's had both naturally. The first one I'm not sure about, but the second one (my BIL's) was 10 pounds and she did it just fine.

You'd be surprised what your body can do :thumbup:

I'm not that short, but I know someone who is. She is 4'10 and skinny. She has 4 boys and all were pretty small at birth(5 lb range full term) but were healthy. She did have to have c-section since her pelvis was too tiny and she actually broke her pelvis delivering her first vaginally. Her husband is 5'10. Your babies size is not just due to your size but also your husbands. It should even out. Even though my friends kids are more her size, super tiny little boys still.

It also has to do with your bone frame on how you will deliver. I actually have a narrow pelvis,and have to have c-sections, but I'm 5'5. But I am slim and have a small slight bone structure. So, I dont have very big hips at all. My friend isnt just short and thin, but also has a small bone structure. I have known quite a few short women, but they seem bulkier, not just weight wise, but seem to have thicker wider bone frames on them. So thats a factor on the delivering part too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->