Petrified about MMC

jerryjo

Pregnant - 1st Trimester
Reaction score
I just feel the need to write this to get it off my chest! I'm trying to be positive with my DH because he doesn't truly understand!
I'm 10+5 and as I'm in the UK I haven't yet had a scan. I've just had a booking in appt with midwife which involves bloods but no pregnancy confirmation.
My scan is booked for when I'm 12+1.
I'm absolutely petrified that ill get to scan and they'll tell me I've lost the baby/stopped growing/no HB.
I haven't had any bleeding etc but I know that doesn't matter for MMC.
I have had symptoms but now thinking, have I made it all up, have felt sick but haven't actually been sick.
I just needed to vent and wondered if anyone else at my stage feels the same.
Sorry for long moany post xx

I think it's normal to worry Hun.
I'm petrified too, although I had a scan at 6+1 and seen a heartbeat. I'm still worried, I had to early losses at the start of the year and I would just not be able to cope if it happened again.
Ill have another scan in 3 weeks and it can't come quick enough.
Sending you lots of :hugs: I'm sure your bubba is growing beautifully :)

I understand. I've had a scan at 7 weeks due to bleeding but I'm so worried that I'll have my scan at 12 weeks and they'll discover that it hasn't grown or something. I think it's because my SIL had a MMC so I'm paranoid about it.

Although we see it often enough on these boards, MMC is actually not very common at all. So try not to worry. You haven't got long to wait now!

There is nothing anyone can say to fix how you are feeling, however MMC are quite rare comparability to a "normal" miscarriage and usually accompanied with rapid loss of symptoms.

However as someone who has suffered a MMC it is always on my mind, plus I've had loads of bleeding and clotting and although I've had two scans already the worry never goes.

I could get a scan today showing all is well and still lose it tomorrow, and I in any case this early there is absolutely nothing that can be done to prevent it.

We all just need it have faith and try not to allow the worry to overcome us, the stress of constant worry will do nothing to help.

However, the biggest statistical risk is on the first 8 weeks, nothing is a guarantee at any stage of pregnancy or even beyond, we can't worry over everything that could possibly ever happen. Pregnancy is hard, we invest a lot of ourselves in it both psychically and emotionally, we have hopes, dreams and desires for the future and for most of is that will happen.

Focus in the positive.

As others said I think it's quite normal to think this way! I have my 12 week scan in a week and I know I won't be bake to sleep properly the couple of days leading up to it! I was the same for my 7 week scan! Just try to stay positive and know the odds are extremely high that everything is just fine :) xx

If you have about $50 to spare, you could get a Doppler. I had a mmc 3 months before conceiving my son, and the Doppler kept me same and confident? I used it every day just long enough to find the hb until I could feel him move (basically from 9w to 14w).

I feel the exact same. I know it's wrong to worry others but I woke up today and said to my OH that I think somethings wrong. I haven't really had symptoms either just tiredness and tender breasts every now and again and nausea sometimes too. I have my 12week scan in a week and a day. (will only be 11+4) and also bought a private can at 8weeks and everything was fine but I seriously think baby has stopped growing even though I havent had any bleeding.

Here's your mate, as my mum would say. I feel the same; I've had one pregnancy in my 20s that ended in early MC and while I had a scan at 9wks, I'm nervous for my 12wk scan this week in case it's bad news. I'm hoping the continuing morning sickness is a good sign.

I think it's a common worry to have although it's reassuring to know that MMC are actually quite rare, although I feel like I know lots of people who have had one. I keep having to remind myself that lots and lots of people have full and healthy pregnancies without any issues. If there is a 20% risk of miscarriage then there is an 80% chance of everything being fine (not sure if those are the actual figures but I just wanted to illustrate that the chances of everything being okay is significantly higher than the chances of it not being so).

I have a early scan booked for next Saturday just to put my mind and ease and I'm terrified that they're going to tell me that there isn't anything there and I've imagined the whole thing even though I definitely feel pregnant, the symptoms are getting more severe which I can accept is a good sign that everything is progressing well... I still worry that they're going to tell me that I'm growing a cake rather than a baby.

Iv had 2 mmc so I'm definitely in that boat with you. It is a scary time and it's about just taking it one day at a time. With my mmc I didn't lose my symptoms either. I still had ms even after I knew the baby had died with my last one.
The thing they got me through last pregnancy with my son was getting a Doppler, it really put my mind at rest and if my first scan goes well I'm going to get one this time too x

I had a MMC diagnosed in June, and it didn't occur until July, it was one of the worst things to go through. I understand the terror, I'm in the same boat. Until I hear the hb, I'd until I can see this one dancing on the screen, I'm scared, I feel like I can't even attach to this one

I'm going through that as well. I'm driving myself nuts and it didn't help when I tested with a clearblue advance the other day and it still says 1-2 :( I just don't understand. My hcg levels on the 3rd were only 81 and I was retested on the 8th. I get the results tomorrow at 10am. I think that if the levels are good then I'm done with the blood testing. It's way too stressful to think about and I'm not going to get a scan until i'm in my 2nd trimester. Hopefully by then if all is well my tilted uterus will have shifted back into a normal position and the tech wont have to cause me unnecessary pain by pushing more to find my uterus.

As far as symptoms.. I have just been more tired than usual. I've had some weird food cravings. My bf is more positive than I am. I really am trying to be optimistic but i'm expecting the worst news tomorrow. What did women do back in the day when scans and blood work were unknown?

I'm so worried. My symptoms have eased massively...like over night last week. Plus I'm getting lots of aches and pains in my tummy which I know can be stretching etc but I'm so worried. I'll be 12 weeks on Wednesday but got to wait till 13 weeks and 2 days for my scan....it feels like the longest wait in history! I'm thinking about a Doppler....it may help.

Anyway you're not alone xxx

I felt the same way in my first pregnancy (which turned out fine), and I feel this way again with this pregnancy. The way that my mom says to think about it is that chances that things are fine are SO MUCH higher than them not being fine. I know that it's hard to think that way, our pregnancies are our first experiences with mothering, so we are concerned and scared, we want these babies more than anything, they are already our loves. Yes, bad things do happen. They usually don't happen a lot, though... Hoping for you!!

I have had 2 MMC all before 8 weeks (5 weeks 5 days, and around 7 weeks, but babies measured 6+1 still) and I bought a Sonoline B doppler and it is the best investment EVER. I try to not use it every single day, but sometimes, I cannot help it. It brings me so much peace. I feel better every time I use it. I found the HB at 8 weeks 4 days. I know it is hard not to worry, but MMC are not extremely common. They are more rare than people think, but most people that go through MC go on forums to get support, so you see them more frequently. I do not know ANYONE in my life that has had MMC like I have. Big hugs!

I'm also worried just like you are! I don't even have a scan booked, I don't think i'll even get one until 16-20 weeks. I try not to worry but it's really hard. I'm sure everything is fine with your pregnancy though :) <3

Thanks ladies!
Here's hoping we all see our beautiful babies HB very soon xx

I'm feeling the same today, I have my first scan later and I'm just dreading going as well as being a little excited, I just want it out of the way! I was the same with my sons first scan but I had that at around 8 weeks! X

I'm feeling the same today, I have my first scan later and I'm just dreading going as well as being a little excited, I just want it out of the way! I was the same with my sons first scan but I had that at around 8 weeks! X

Good luck for your scan, keep us posted :) Thinking about you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->