Pets!

Well....DH was cc'ed on my email to her. He emailed her this morning with his cell phone. She called him.....and now we are fostering Penny instead....She is the housetrained adult dog that looks like a mini-Lola....He did all this before I even got up this morning...

Penny's foster mom is an experienced rescuer....She has 4 dogs of her own and is currently fostering 7 other dogs, including 5 puppies....and she is moving...Apparently we are to foster Penny for 10 days, or so....She does have issues, but they are all the same issues Lola has....so it should be ok....She is used to being crated and finds comfort in it, so DH found a crate to borrow...She is also very respectful with cats, so hopefully our cats won't object too much....

Thanks for all the advice...Fuzzy, that pic really makes me want to do it.....Maybe I can convince him to let me offer to take 1 or 2.....?

Dh is actually excited about Penny....those long-eared dogs with big brown eyes get him every time....

Hey, at least you got something! Does she have anywhere for the puppies to go?

He is against the cats being put out in any way....They are older and doesn't want their lives disrupted...After we moved here, Buddha started peeing in the corner of our livingroom and her health started going downhill and then she died....

He thinks that puppies are more disruptive....and he really doesn't want me getting too attached....He thinks that I will be unable or unwilling to let the puppies go....

But my thinking is that puppies are less mobile and will be confined to their pen.....so the cats will have less disruption...and they will be so much work, I will be glad when they find their homes...

When is Latte coming over?

I agree with you and I am going to talk to my dad when I see him in the morning about taking her Saturday. DH asked if my father was going to pay the dog food bills and I told him to go suck himself and start grating the cheese!

Indigo it's good your fostering Penny and who knows if all goes well she could be like my foster dogs (Paddy & Teddy) and become forever dogs who never leave :)

I agree with you and I am going to talk to my dad when I see him in the morning about taking her Saturday. DH asked if my father was going to pay the dog food bills and I told him to go suck himself and start grating the cheese!
.....:haha::haha::blush::haha:

Did he grate the damn cheese?

Indigo it's good your fostering Penny and who knows if all goes well she could be like my foster dogs (Paddy & Teddy) and become forever dogs who never leave :)

I hope so....I think Lola would be happier (if they get along)....she is the only canine here....not fair....

It's odd that they have the same issues....seperation anxiety, fear of thunder, wary of strangers, extremely shy....and they both become easily unbalanced if their routine is disrupted....

.....:haha::haha::blush::haha:

Did he grate the damn cheese?

No, he went and bought 16lbs of shredded cheese and I am taking the cheese blocks to the shelter, lol. I think we have now invested $250 in cheese over the last two days. :growlmad:

I hope so....I think Lola would be happier (if they get along)....she is the only canine here....not fair....

It's odd that they have the same issues....seperation anxiety, fear of thunder, wary of strangers, extremely shy....and they both become easily unbalanced if their routine is disrupted....

You may find they help each other reduce the seperation anxiety - FXed :)

Teddy could never be an only dog as he has seperation issues but as long as he is with at least one of the other dogs he's ok. But when he went in for castration they were phoning us an hour after his operation to go and collect him as he was howling the place down :(

Awwww....poor Teddy.....

I hope Lola and Penny become buddies.....Every time I see dogs at the dog park who have companions, I notice they seem happier and more balanced than only dogs....

When Porky got neutered, we learned that he needed enough drugs for a 75lb dog to go under; he kept waking up, lol.

We begged to keep his nuts in a jar, but the vet said no.

No, he went and bought 16lbs of shredded cheese and I am taking the cheese blocks to the shelter, lol. I think we have now invested $250 in cheese over the last two days. :growlmad:

Ohhhh the makeup $250 could have bought :thumbup:

When Porky got neutered, we learned that he needed enough drugs for a 75lb dog to go under; he kept waking up, lol.

We begged to keep his nuts in a jar, but the vet said no.

There is no jar big enough to hold the nuts of Porkchop!

Did I ever mention that all of his teeth came in double and we had to pay to have a set removed? Lol. The dog is really demonic!

Did I ever mention that all of his teeth came in double and we had to pay to have a set removed? Lol. The dog is really demonic!

Roxy had a few double teeth! Luckily the vet said they'd fall out on their own, and they did........after a while

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->