Pets!

BTW, the rescuer emailed that the babies are all safe...I hope Penny does well here and we can adopt her...If we adopt her, then we just need to add 2 kids to the mix, and everything will be grand.....

Indigo I do hope it all works out with Penny - FXed :thumbup:

Double teeth is a thing any dog can get as I vet nurse I saw pure breeds and crosses with it and dogs from as small as a Yorkshire Terrier to as large as a rottweiler but not really any of the giant breeds but maybe because less are around :shrug:

Tiny had it and we gave her loads of bones and daily I would rub teething gel on her gums and wiggle the baby teeth that needed to come out and after about a fortnight they came out :)

Indigo I do hope it all works out with Penny - FXed :thumbup:

Double teeth is a thing any dog can get as I vet nurse I saw pure breeds and crosses with it and dogs from as small as a Yorkshire Terrier to as large as a rottweiler but not really any of the giant breeds but maybe because less are around :shrug:

Tiny had it and we gave her loads of bones and daily I would rub teething gel on her gums and wiggle the baby teeth that needed to come out and after about a fortnight they came out :)

Thats what I did with Roxy. She loves to gnaw on bones!

So, my vet robbed me? lol Told us the damn dog would get gum disease if we didn't pull them the next day, lol.

I'm a nightmare for not seeing the vet if I can help it even though all the pets are insured but I am fortunate with my past as a veterinary nurse that I can nurse some things myself :)

When we got Baldrick back from the kennels on Saturday Baldrick had an eye issue so I went to the chemist shop got some eye ointment and started using it along with anti-inflammatories. I did take Baldrick to the vets on Monday as I don't play with eyes they are too important and she confirmed my suspicions and told me the treatment I started Saturday was the right one - thankfully :)

So, my vet robbed me? lol Told us the damn dog would get gum disease if we didn't pull them the next day, lol.

Well sometimes the only thing to do is remove the teeth under anaesthetic and in the UK we would have paid approx £100 so approx $160 if we'd needed to have Tiny's sorted surgically.

Double teeth can cause issues and gum disease but it takes years to set in :(

Does sound like your vet is eager and a wee bit expensive :(

Wooly...What is the BMI cutoff for the FS referral? 35 ? I just noticed you have 2 weight tickers...

Wooly...What is the BMI cutoff for the FS referral? 35 ? I just noticed you have 2 weight tickers...

Yeap the BMI is 35 or under.

I set up one ticker for my full lose to hit my target weight of 147lb but then set another one up for my referral weight as an added kick up the butt for me to get this weight off asap but healthily :)

Darcy had to get loads of her teeth taken out - she had receding gums and some of them were getting infected. Apparently it's pretty common in cats too. She now just has her "fangs" - which are proper fangs, you can even see them when her mouth is closed :haha::haha: but it doesn't seem to bother her - she has always eaten dry food and still manages to crunch it up.

I can't remember how much it cost to get them out, but the fact it's gone out of my mind would suggest it wasn't too extortionate!

My DH thinks she is just staying while my dad is in NC...so, until Wed, but I told my father that if this works out I was going to keep the dog. He agreed and said he would cover her yearly vet care, so unless Porky has a big issue with this, I think it's a done deal!

My DH thinks she is just staying while my dad is in NC...so, until Wed, but I told my father that if this works out I was going to keep the dog. He agreed and said he would cover her yearly vet care, so unless Porky has a big issue with this, I think it's a done deal!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

He is going to golf; my father only stays at the office about 20 minutes a day. This is why I can work with him; there is not a lot of time spent together, lol.

Well I take back all the nice things I've said about Darcy on this thread. I went home at lunch-time to bring her to the "cat hotel" while we're moving house, and the minute she knew I was moving her towards her carrier she went ballistic and ended up scraping me all the way down my face!! She drew blood on my nose and my lip's all swollen. Thank god I don't have any clients in this afternoon - it's bad enough my co-workers thinking I look like I got into a fight over lunch.

Beforehand I was thinking "aww god love her, she hates her carrier" now I'm like "that :evil::evil: wee b&Tch!!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->