Pets!

Conina :hugs: My lot hate the carrier I understand the situation :hugs: Hope the wounds heal soon :hugs:

Oh, I thought it was tonight!

Where in the hell is Eva? Her only excuse is if her legs are up a wall, lol

Is the foster mom getting antsy about her leaving?

Yes...she was sick today and was just hanging out at home so she said she (AND her mom) wanted to hang out with P....She even offered to pick her up here on Wednesday for her spay appointment and bring her back later....We are not the first to offer to foster her...lol...

P was not treated well....spent most of her 2 years on a concrete dog run all alone....She came a long way because of this fosterer and her dogs...So, I understand....She is VERY attached...

Why hasn't she made the move to adopt her? Too many at home now?

Yes...

She WANTS to adopt her, but knows she really shouldn't....She said it just like that in every convo we've had....

Damn....it's going to be 103 here tomorrow anf humid as hell...I'm ready for autumn...

Did u get this attached when u fostered?

We never fostered any dog for more than a couple of weeks or so....I wonder how long she has had her...I was kind of glad when they were adopted...lol....I HATE potty training and all the clean-up....

I got attached to one foster only and I kept him. His name was Leo (RIP), he was a 10yo cancer ridden Pomeranian and he only lived for a month. But, I couldn't stand the thought of him dying without a home, so I just adopted him after the 2nd day I had him, lol.

Indigo sorry P isn't being dropped tonight :hugs: The woman needs to just bite the bullet and adopt if she is this attached as it's not fair on potential homes or P :nope: I hope P is with you soon and it goes well and you get to adopt her if that's what you hope for :hugs:

DH & I have fostered a number of dogs and some cats and only got attached to 2 old ladies called Flo & Lucy who were 8 year old Shih Tzus. They were owned by a very elderly lady who couldn't care for them and they had got into a bad state :( They came to us on the day they were spayed and had mammary tumours removed. They had such fabulous personalities but we couldn't keep them. But they are having a fabulous life living with a fabulous lady who lets them treat her like a servant :)

All the other foster dogs I was happy to see them leave :haha:

The foster cats were a little harder but we weren't the right home for any of them apart from Minstrel who came on foster and stayed :D

Attachments

• Flo & Lucy.jpg
    Flo & Lucy.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 2
Oh my, those dogs are adorable! Have you ever had a small dog?

When I moved back in with my mum for university at the age of 35 she had smaller dogs (weighing about 12-20lb) so I was used to one wanting to be on my lap.

But those were the first 2 small dogs DH & I had :) He was reluctant but because the needed a foster with nursing care he didn't object and within an hour Lucy (the sable & white one) was next to him on the sofa having cuddles :D

We did worry as we had Tiny, Baldrick, Paddy & Merlin but the big dogs were so good with them. The 2 boys looked after them and Baldrick used to take bones to them :) Tiny would ignore them and growl if they got too close but on a walk she was their biggest protection :) Flo and Paddy used to steal bones from each other.

But the 2 little ones held their own with the large dogs and DH & I have said when we're older/retired we'll look to adopt one or two older Shih Tzus :)

Can you do your own grooming too? Tutti (RIP) required constant trips to the groomer and it got very stressful for her when she got older, so I maintained her the best that I could at home.

I remember one day Tutti and I walked to the school to pick up DD and one of the other mothers told me she was the ugliest dog she had ever seen! I'm telling you, that dog understood what she said bc she hung her head down the whole walk home.

Can you do your own grooming too? Tutti (RIP) required constant trips to the groomer and it got very stressful for her when she got older, so I maintained her the best that I could at home.

I remember one day Tutti and I walked to the school to pick up DD and one of the other mothers told me she was the ugliest dog she had ever seen! I'm telling you, that dog understood what she said bc she hung her head down the whole walk home.

Poor Tutti :hugs: I can do a bit of grooming so should be ok but anything that required a fancy cut is beyond me :)

It didn't help, as you know, that one of the side effects of Cushing's is hair loss, so she had huge bald patches on her too, lol. But still, the awful woman might as well have told me I had an ugly kid bc I found it that insulting.

Awww those doggies are adorable!

DMom....what a horrible thing to say! :growlmad:

Picking up P at 3:30....DH gave her an out, but she didn't take it....If this works out, DH agreed that we would adopt her....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->