PG with #1.... is this normal?

Hopefulgirlie

Mummy to a beautiful girl
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm really really early days in to my PG at the moment. I got a BFP at 8 DPO on Sunday. My HPTs have been getting darker over the last 3 days and I'm getting clear dark lines on 25miu tests.... Fx!!
Today I've been getting aches in my lower back and have got a heavy crampy feeling in my lower stomach. Is this usual?
I'm just sooo nervous as my cycles are quite irregular. If I go by my longest cycle of 35 days then I'm not due AF until 02/04. I'm just taking it day by day but I can't wait to get past the weekend clear of AF!!
Thank you for any help or advice you can offer x x

Congrats on your BFP and welcome to first tri!!

Anything and everything is normal here! Cramps or no cramps!

I have irregular cycles too 23-33 days long.

Healthy 9 months to you!!:flower:

Crampy feelings are normal. As long as they're not severe ones or accompanied by bleeding. I got them in the early days but now I get weird pulling feelings just above my pubic bone. I know it's hard but try to relax.

Thank you for both replying. Everything is new to me so it's all a bit scary. The cramps just feel heavy really, nothing severe or uncomfortable so fx!
My OH keeps telling me to relax and I know I need to. We've been waiting for this to happen and we're both so happy.... I don't want to miss out on the fun and excitement of the first few months because I'm too busy worrying lol x x

I'm 8 weeks and have cramping it's just the uterus expanding for the little bean... Congratulations xxxxx

Hi hopefulgirlie,
I had these cramps yesterday and Sunday (had my BFP on 24th March). I have looked it up and this could be the ligaments round the uterus stretching. So many people say they experience cramping I am going with the opinion that it's perfectly normal. I'm trying to be really positive and relaxed as stress and worry can't be good...
Hope you're not in any pain though??

Hey,

Not in pain thanks. I'm just over analysing every twinge I think!! I'm off work at the moment as I broke my arm last month snowboarding... I'm at a loose end 24 hours a day so have plenty of time to worry lol!
I think I need a hobby ;-) x x

It is totally normal to worry about how your feeling as its all so new, thats why places like this are great! I have a kinda dull crampy feeling, its totally normal as bther said so long as they are not severe or your bleeding its fine. Just keep your eye on it and try not to worry.

Congratulations!!!

I am also guilty of the over analizing lol! It's hard not to though when you know something so amazing is happening to your body... I think I'm also really aware of the cramps as I don't have many of the other common signs yet, for example no nausea.

I haven't got nausea yet but most of my pregnant or 'mum' friends say it didn't kick in until around 7 weeks. So far I've just had night after night of crazy dreams. Started getting backache today and have found myself going to the loo a lot more. I'm almost begging for the nausea though so I know it's in there and growing lol!! Crazy isn't it? X x

i had quite bad cramps like period, dragging crampiness for the first two weeks :D its normal its your uterus making room for little one :D xx

I know! I have been restless at night too - very frustrating when I'm falling asleep in meetings at work during the day. Funny you should say that about dreams, mine really have been crazy - makes my OH laugh when I tell him though.
FX that the sickness stays away!

I haven't got nausea yet but most of my pregnant or 'mum' friends say it didn't kick in until around 7 weeks. So far I've just had night after night of crazy dreams. Started getting backache today and have found myself going to the loo a lot more. I'm almost begging for the nausea though so I know it's in there and growing lol!! Crazy isn't it? X x

Haha! I was begging for nausea/sickness too but I now am begging for it to go! Well, in a round about way I am because I'm trying to stay positive with it when I feel like crap. It won't last long though ... I hope!!

I got my BFP on the 25th and have had cramps, backache and brown spotting ever since!

I really feel like my period is about to start any minute and I've just imagined the whole thing :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->