Phantom pregnancy anyone?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Anyone else ever had this before or going through the same thing.

So first off, I am 100% sure I am not pregnant. I had an 8-day period, my temps are usual pre-O range and I took a cheapie pregnancy test last night because this has been driving me crazy and of course it was a BFN.

The problem is, I have got so many signs that I seem to only get when in early pregnancy. It's like my wish to be pregnant has made my body start acting like it!

The things that I am experiencing:
- Heartburn
- Food aversion
- Breast tenderness near armpits
- Cramps in uterus and ovaries (never ever had this at this point in my cycle before - still waiting to ovulate - won't happen for a while I don't think with my irregular long cycles induced by breastfeeding)
- Exhaustion to the point where I am falling asleep in the middle of the day
- Lower backache
- And severe bloating!

Now as I said, I know they're not true pregnancy symptoms, but I think I've broken my body into thinking it is pregnant. I am seriously consciously trying to sort myself out, but clearly unconsciously my body is going with what I want deep down: to be pregnant.

Anyone had this before or know what to do about it? I mean my hormones are a mess anyway due to breastfeeding and irregular cycles, but this is just silly and I wish it would stop. I can cope with it all, but it's the exhaustion that is getting to me. I work part time and have two young children to look after. I am having to force myself out for most of the day with them as if I stay in I feel like I'm about to fall asleep whenever I sit still.

I have not but I have seen many women on here experience it through the months. I think when u want it so bad, you can really talk yourself into it.

Well that's the thing, I'm trying to talk myaslf out of it!! I am consciously trying to stop my body feeling these things! Thankfully most things have calmed down now, but the breast tenderness and heartburn remain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"