Phil and Teds

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by jenstar, Jan 31, 2011.

1. jenstar

jenstar Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience of using a phil and teds (any model) with the doubles kit, and the older child on the bottom?

Does an older child fit on the bottom seat?

The reason I am thinking of this is that I want to get my 2.5 yr old better at walking distances so I would put my 9 month old in the main seat and have a doubles kit on so I could put my older one in there if needs be.

The nearest p&t stockist to me is not that near, and also I'd ideally like to pick up a second hand one as I can't see me using it for very long, and I have other buggies already.

2. Mummy2aStar

Mummy2aStar Eva & Layla's mummy xx

I love my Phil and Teds Buggy...its so versatile, i can use it as a single or double and change it withen seconds. its so light weight, and small. Its small then the single buggy i had before xx

3. lorrilou

lorrilou Well-Known Member

I love my phil and teds. Callum walks pretty much everywhere now but the second seat is so handy for when he gets tired, he can just jump in and compared to some doubles it is really light.

4. jenstar

jenstar Well-Known Member

What age/ size is he and does he go in the doubles seat at the back?

I have a double which I love so I am only looking at a phil&ted if I can put my toddler in the back, cos he will hopefully start walking more and only be popping in there the odd time, or on the way home if he is tired that sort of thing.

5. Momof2rascals

Momof2rascals New Member

Hi Jenstar,

I'm a mom of 2 little boys and have the Phil and Teds stroller with the doubles kit. It works great. My oldest boy (2.5 yrs old) usually sits in the back so he can get in and out for walking. My youngest (9 months) sits in the main part.

There are only 3 issues I have with this setup, but they're not that big of a deal. 1) When my oldest uses the doubles kit in the back, it takes a little time for him to get in and out of it since he doesn't have the longest legs being a toddler to get over the wheels and the straps holding the storage bottom in place. He eventually gets in and out by himself, but takes a little more time. 2) If we don't pay attention and have the youngest in the front seat, my toddler has tried getting in the back seat and has had the stroller tip over on him. Really our fault and not the design of the stroller. Phil and Teds state in their doubles kit instruction that you should never let a child sit in the back without one in the front seat first. Our toddles just sometimes gets the stroller faster than we get his brother it in. :) And 3) the child sitting in the back doesn't have that great of a view since it's in tandem. But I already knew that would be the case after purchasing the stroller. I guess it doesn't really matter if your kid is using the seat just to rest.

Otherwise, I love this setup since it allows my toddler a lot of independence to walk and get in when he gets tired without having to move my 9 month old.

6. wishingonastar

wishingonastar Well-Known Member

you'd need heavier child in front (unless they were very similar weights) for safety else it unstabilises buggy and likely to tip

7. roxie78

roxie78 Mom of 2

Yeah I have read a sticker on the pushchair itself that says the heavier child should go in front due to safety issues etc and that you shouldn't ever only have a child in the back which is stupid cos usually the heavier child (my 2.5 year old wants to walk half the time) leaving my 5 month old in the back seat of the pushchair!

8. Samemka

Samemka Mummy of 2 girlies

Yeah I think this too, it's daft!