Phone & Broadband Packages

mama2b

Mummy & TTC
Reaction score
Morning everyone,

I am moving to a new house in the next month and we need to get the phone line connected and set up broadband and calls now im a bit confused as at the moment we have broadband with tiscali and phone with BT.

When we moved into this house we had to pay something like £100 to get the phone line connected so im assuming we will have to do this at new house (even if we stick with BT)

So what im confused about is do we have to pay BT for the re-connection of phone line, plus line rental then either take out a package for calls and broadband with another provider or can we get the lot done with one company ? EG Talk Talk

Would prefer to change from BT as I find them quite expensive compared to the other ones Ive looked at.

our bt line should of cost around £125. but as we got an 18month contract wedidn't pay that amount. sure itwas £30 or something like that mr.man sorted it so not sure. ask about cheaper line rental for longer contract. if the person has had an active line before you it shouldn't cost you anything.our appartment was brand new, never lived in so had no line/dialing tone which was why it cost us.

where we are cable is not installed so we had to get sky. we have phone with bt, calls with sky, basic package tv and basic sky broadband. for only £30 a month, obviously thatdon't include line rentals and calls.

we haven't had any problems at all with them. i know sky do cheaper line rental than bt... they always send us leaflets telling us :p haha.
xXx

Thanks, I am hoping there is an active line as the previous tenants have been there for 7 years so unless they have cut themselves off it should be all good to go,i hope !

We got quoted £125 for a BT line, but because we have a cable phone line thats not compatible with BT. Decided it wasnt worth it and stuck with cable.

we tried bt first and it was a nightmare, we wanted phone line and BB, ended up with no BB just a phoneline, 5wk later we went with talktalk they take over the line for a small fee, then its £20/£25 a mth,never been happier with them, bt however have ripped us right off, theyve had over £200 to get somat we never even got !! it was awful service !

I am liking the sound of Talk Talk, Do you know if there customer service centre is UK based ?

I can't cope with all these international call centres i end up more frustrated after the call than I did before, and everything takes twice as long to sort which means I am paying more for the phonecall.

I'm with Talk Talk (carphone wharehouse) and I get FREE broadband, you need the overseas package and you get free calls - my monthly bill is around £18 for phone and BB. You can get it down cheaper by £1.50 nopt having a paper bill.

I hate BT and they still ring to get me to go back but they cant beat Talk Talk - I would be having to pay around £35 for the same package with them a month and they cant ggive me free calls, rather 5p an hour.. they can go tiddle.

eta thats free calls in the uk after 6pm/weekends/holidays.

My last bill we hadnt any charges at all for phone calls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->