Photo Shoots

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Is there any decent ones out there?

I'd really like to get one done but I'm really crap at doing my makeup & hair :oops: :D

My OH wanted one done of us but I never take 'good' photos so I'd hate to be fobbed off with quick snaps :?

OH and I had ours done last year at Venture.

https://www.thisisventure.co.uk/

The photo shoot was great fun (about an hour I think) and we were really happy with the results, but blummin' 'eck the photos were mega expensive afterwards. :shock:

They rather craftily don't tell you the prices till afterwards. That's my tip... ask about prices of prints before your session.

Yer I've had loads of leaflets on this company! Infact went to get some pics of my sister done once with them but never followed it up!

Your suppose to get a portrait for that price too though aren't you?

Wobbles said:
Your suppose to get a portrait for that price too though aren't you?

Yes, but they do this presentation session with you a week after your photo session and they project them onto the wall and show you what it would look like made up like x or y. It's a big sales pitch that's quite hard to get out of.... think timeshare sales! The people before us spent about £3k! :shock: They seemed really disappointed with us because we only (cough...splutter) spent £800.

Oh sod that then - I haven't got that kind of money for a photo :? Would be lovely if they are nice but well thats a lot of money to hand over in one go!

Do you get the free portrait on your day or do you have to return a week later for it?

You have to go through the sales pitch a week later to choose your free one. The photos themselves took ages to come... 6 weeks I think, which I thought was rubbish considering we took the photos in the cheapest possible frames and they obviously had the photos there on the PC.

We got 5 at 8x6 plus 3 at 7x5 for that, as I say, in the cheapest frame. Mega expensive and if we'd known how much we were going to fork out, we wouldn't have had it done there.

I reckon your best bet is a local photographer. Everything should be upfront with them and you should be able to see samples of their work before you decide.

Yer - Having a job finding one tbh :(

my dads gf had pics of me and my sister done at venture when I was pg with Ella. They are really really good and much better then pixi photo or portrait place, they make the pictures more fun, made me feel really relaxed, I was so nervous coz I hate having my pic taken but I had fun! but I think she was shocked when we viewed and it was £600 for 3 pics together in one frame, looks ace though!

https://www.flairphotography.co.uk/portraits.htm

Looks ok I think but a bit far out :?

Helen I just remembered - I think I forgot to reply to your PM - How rude :oops: I shouldn't read PMs when I have just woken! :oops:

I think I might go for this an run with a free print. If I can get a decent one I love the canvas things which I can get done elsewhere:
https://www.tescophoto.com/wpp/tesco/buyart_tour.jsp

Wobbles said:
Is there any decent ones out there?

I'd really like to get one done but I'm really crap at doing my makeup & hair :oops: :D

My OH wanted one done of us but I never take 'good' photos so I'd hate to be fobbed off with quick snaps :?
It a shame you dont live near Maidstone in kent cos I am a photographic makeup artist Wobbles and I would have made you up and my friend is a photographer.
If you need any makeup tips i will do my best to help. With photogeraphic you ned to put on more than normal makeup so it shows up in the photos, especially if you are having a shoot in a studio. I used to work for Olan Mills but they have gone bust now. :cry:

I ran to mapquest to see how far you were from me :cry:

A looooooong way!
Ive done East Sussex to Stoke on Trent by train, that took aaages!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"