Photobucket - Guest password?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Ok so I set an album up but when I use the guest password it shows ALL my albums which I don't want! Can you lock one album or open one to a certain person without them viewing the rest? Haven't got an hour to read their help pages lol

If I want to link someone to only one album in photo bucket go to that album and send the link in the browser bar, when they click on that link it should only take them to that album and not show any options, I think if you link them to the main page it will show all albums, so i tend to shove things I want to share into one album and send that link!
hth

No. You can password protect all of it or none of it. Partly for this reason, I have several accounts. Clements Wedding is the link to the main page of one of my accounts, and you have to have the password to view anything. However password-protecting your pictures does NOT mean that your pictures can't still be linked to directly.

This image:

https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/clementswedding/Baby/Stars.jpg

is in that password-protected account. The internet doesn't exactly do a good job of completely protecting pictures. They can still come up in image searches, even if the page they are on is password-protected to view.

If you have just one link you can get to the rest - ah well I created a diff account for the pics - thanks x

Why don't you use Googles version? Then you have to invite people to view it via email... I use both Google and Photobucket.

I had this the other day - I wanted to send a link of pics of Ben to the guys I work with, but the password gave them access to the whole account, including not-so-nice bump pictures!!! Luckily I noticed and changed the password.

Natalie - how do I get to Googles version?

You need to go here

https://picasaweb.google.com/home

You might need to download Picasa software, I prefer it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back