photocopy your maternity notes? as you woat get them back

hotsexymum

mum of 4
Reaction score
photocopy your maternity notes? as you woat get them back and its nice to keep:hugs:

Really, they take your book away??? Oh thats a shame would of liked to keep it. Well in that case i will be copying my notes on my last day at work

yeah i didnt know this, and i wouldve loved to have kept mine, esp if i get pregnant again so i could compare them.

well done for posting this mandy x

My midwife did me a copy and sent them to my house after baby was born. Have the whole lot including my induction notes x

my mw told me this as well. i've still got my old co-op card from when i had rosie as i forgot on purpose to take them to my 6 wk check.
xx

aww i wish i had mine it would be lovely to have them to keep

You can request your notes after the birth and you can take a copy then. I'm thinking of getting mine as i'd like to know their version of what happened!

That is a really good tip! I wish I had known this before I went into the midwife unit. You can request them but apparantely you need to pay for them and have to say what exactly you require.

I got my discharge papers for me and Tristan photocopied before I gave them into the clinic though, so I could have a record of how the birth went.

xxx

When I went into labour with Tristan, I got a lot of bloody show - and all the way throughout the labour. I always thought you would just get a bit and then get contractions, but everytime my contractions went up a gear, I got a lot of bloody show (mucusy with pinky blood in it). Apparantely, your body loses some and makes more, losing it throughout the labour as the cervix contracts.

If you are getting a lot of red blood, or if you are concerned, you should contact or go into labour ward though.

Good luck Cheryl - I hope you have your little one in your arms by tomorrow.

xxx

Whoops - Wobbles, could you move this post to the one put in by Cheryl about mucus plugs! I posted this here by accident and don't know how to move it! Mummy brain and all that!

What notes exactly are you all talking about? Like doctors notes? Your medical file notes?

What notes exactly are you all talking about? Like doctors notes? Your medical file notes?

The pink notes - the ones that you carry arund yourself and take to the midwife etc. Once LO is born, they are filed in your hospital notes. Gone forever!!! If you have another one, you can't refer back to them at all.

The pink notes - the ones that you carry arund yourself and take to the midwife etc. Once LO is born, they are filed in your hospital notes. Gone forever!!! If you have another one, you can't refer back to them at all.

when you have baby they are gone , the one you carry round . no you have to write to some yo look at them again:hugs:

Ah, thank you. I guess we don't have that here in Canada.

Ah, thank you. I guess we don't have that here in Canada.

No, I didn't have notes either, I'm Glad I'm not the only one, lol... I thought I was missing out on something.
I'm also in Canada, so I guess they just dont do that here... kinda wish we did get our notes though, would be nice to look back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->