Physical recovery after 2nd trimester miscarriage

biglebowski

Reaction score
We lost our lo at almost 15 weeks last Tuesday after I had to have an induced miscrriage. I was given the meds on the Mon morning and didn't have baby until Tuesday evening at 6.10pm. I didn't pass the placenta and started to bleed heavily. I had to be prepped quickly for theatre to take placenta away. I was kept in overnight on an IV and discarged with iron tablets. My bleeding was quite heavy for a couple of days but has really eased off today (Monday). My milk also came in on Saturday night which really affected me emotionally. I felt so bruised and battered but have been amazed at how resting has helped me recover. I'm so pleased as I have a very energetic 3 year old who's wondered why Mummy isn't her usual self.
I wondered when I could start to exercise or take lo swimming. We are due to go to Centre Parcs in 2 weeks and we had so much planned. I don't want to disappoint lo but also don't want to overdo it.

Hi there didn't want to read and run, but I'm so sorry for your loss, I was nearly 12 weeks and had a D&C I was told not to take a bath for 2 weeks by the hospital staff but my GP said once the bleeding had stopped my cervix would be closed and I could resume normal activities, I never asked about swimming but being that its communal bathing, but there would be chlorine in the pool, ask your GP just to be on the safe side so you don't risk infection.

I know how you feel trying to keep your pain and discomfort and hospital stay away from your child, my little boy knows there was something up I also have a holiday booked and I would have been half way through my PG and it was heart breaking bringing back a larger swimming costume, the other day all my plans and ideas about my holiday have changed but we have to try adapt for our LOs xx

if you need to chat i'm here xxx

Thanks so much lostmom. So sorry to hear of your loss. It's so hard coming to terms with the change in your life, and grieving for all the hopes and dreams you had. I was advised to see the GP 2 weeks after so I have an appt next Wednesday. I'll continue to take it easy until then and ask about our holiday then. The appts a week away and I'm sure physically I'll be feeling better by then.
I've almost felt a little guilty for moving around much easier. I feel my body should still be reflecting how broken I feel emotionally. But I am enjoying spending quality time with my son. It was so weird being in the same house but not being able to play with him and support his needs. I missed him so much! He's been so sweet and has been very gentle with me. My arms and hands were covered in bruises from IVs and blood tests so he could see I was sore. I just said mummy had been clumsy and was a little sore.
I hope you manage to enjoy your upcoming holiday xx

Hi there, I'm a mad woman for writing lists!! but in between waiting for my appointment with the GP any random questions I had I wrote them down, so I wouldn't forget!!! I'm 4 week past my D&C and a new wave of issues just spotting very lightly and I think AF is on the way, I checked my HCG levels after 10 days with a HPT and they were negative, so my body was getting back on track, I actually hated to feel physically better as emotionally I was in bits, I still have the teary moment and all of that is allowed the grieving process allows for that.

Its hard not being your normal self when you have a LO, I had a touch of separation anxiety, when I dropped my boy to school the other day and was so worried about him I picked him up after school and brought him back to work with me!! I did read that this is also a natural feeling to have after a loss. I told my boy I was in hospital having my teeth sorted out!!?? first thing that popped into my head!!

I tell you I can wait for my holiday need a bit of R&R I think I returned back to work too early!! You also must enjoy your holiday, I've never been to Centre Parcs but plenty of my friends have been and had a great time, just think how excited your little boy is going to be :) something new a adventure its great seeing things through a child's eyes again and 3 what a lovely age, so cute and full of energy!!

And if you cant swim go to the toddler pool for a paddle get a couple of funny inflatables and make up games, my little boy liked to pretend to be a fish and I had to try catch him with a long float which meant I didn't even get chance to get into the pool all holiday one year!!

Take it easy and be good to yourself, I'm here if you need me :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->