Picky eaters

vicky

Reaction score
Has anyone else got this problem?

I can't get kacy to eat veg or fruit espically fruit.

When i fisrt wearned her thats all she ate and bit my bit she gone of fruit and veg, saying that she does it some veg not alot, like mash she loves that, root mash, and onion when it is in something, she will also eat sweetcorn which i have only just started giving her, but not very often either.

Has anyone got some suggestions on how i can get her to eat more fruit and veg, or any recipes???

Thanks for the help

Ella is really good with veg becuase I put it into her meals, for example the pasta they had last night had chopped tomatos and onions in it. me and dave usually have veg for tea and ella has what we have so she usually gets veg. for example chicken with potato, carrots brocoli and peas with a cheese sauce, mushed up a bit, she loves it.

Ella is going of fruit a bit, she goes through pheses of what she will eat, she LOVED grapes but isnt as interested in it now, and I give her kiwi and she will play with it. I always give her fruit after her lunch even if she plays with it and doesnt eat it, she has the chance too and plus her taste changes so she may eat it one time and not the next. she will always eat banana tho!

thats what i do kacy eats what we eat, but nope she spits it out and wouldnt eat even if i leave with her and she feeds her self nope nope nope not happening

Hmmm, dunno what to suggest as the only fruit Jack will eat now is banana
everything else gets thrown on the floor

He went through a stage of hardly eating anything unless it was fed to him snadwiches etc... just got thrown on the floor

What about pureeing loads of fruit and putting it in plain yogurt?

And if she is eating pasta in sauce how about cooking peppers mushrooms courgette, sweetcorn brocolli and cauli and blitz them with a tin of tomatoes

You could make loads and freeze it

Iagree with Jos idea, of mixing it all in. If not have to tried arranging things on the plate in a fun way, like to look like a fish or a funny face. I used to do that with my niece, and she felt like her dinner was special then and showed it off to everyone else. You can tell her to eat the hair and the nose and stuff.

thats a cool idea cat i will be trying all those ideas thanks guys.

After her tea before igot a banana and cut it up put it in a bowl gave it her and i sat their eatting one as well she didn't eat much cos she was full but she ate about three bits of it which is good for her. whcih i'm glad about

Seren is currently going through a stage where she wants what I am eating, even if its the same as what she has on her plate. I have found that its been great to get her to try and eat new things. Other then that I agree with the pasta sauce, so easy to make and you can put lots of different veg's in. Seren loves it. Also how about fruit smoothies, just blend different fruits with some milk. Home made pizzas are also great, I put sweetcorn, tinned pineapple, mushrooms, peppers etc and Seren will eat it up.

ooh homemade pizza Beanie i never thought of that, Jack loves pinching of Emilys plate
Is only way i can get him to eat breakfast is if they share :roll:

You could try making fruit smoothies, and you can also turn these into ice lollies!

#-o Just seen Beanies post!! YOu can also use yoghurt and frozen yoghurt for blending!

how have you got on this week?

beanie said:
Seren is currently going through a stage where she wants what I am eating, even if its the same as what she has on her plate. .

Jamie is the same !! if we are bothhaving toast in the morning, he wants my toast to eat even though he has his own right in front of him !!!! :lol:

well i went shopping yesterday so i got a load of stuff to make smoothies and things like that, so i'll let you know how i get on.

Thanks everyone for the help.

well not very well cos matty parents had kacy yesterday cos i had a 24 hour bug and beeing sick (tmi), but matty came home half day to take over, he brought her a smoothie and she loved it. and on sunday afternoon she had a miller yougrt and my sisters with fruit in it, so getting their slowly, but she is eating more fruit.

What about trying pizza with veg on it? Sweetcorn is always a favourite.

tryed that she didn't like that but kacy is not a fan of cheese, but thanks for idea.

Amelia loves her fruit... she lives on bananas!! Thats about all she loves though :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->