Piercings!?!

ClaireLouise

Reaction score
Hi girlies!

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter Break!! :hugs:

After reading one (very funny) bellybutton thread (thanks Lou!!), it got me thinking ...

As im only 10 weeks so far, my tummy hasnt increased in size as yet, I was wondering........ I have got my bellybutton pierced, and thought when is the best time to take it out? Should i just be done with it now and remove it? Its had its heyday i suppose!!! :happydance:

I also have my tongue pierced ...... will i need to remove this each time before i visit the hospital? I hope i can keep it though, i love my tongue piercing. Sorry if some ladies are squeemish!!! :blush:

I know midwives dont like it I am buying a preg bar from argos and taking it out when i see midwife have scan etc! It hurt getting it done I aint loosing it now!!!

I am a body piercer ;)

You can buy pregnancy bars, but tbh, they dont always suit people. Some people get sore from the pressure on the bar, and others find the bar just isnt long enough. x

I had to take all my piercings off with my daughter :(
tongue, navel, and ummm down there hee hee

I don't know when is the best time to take them off but I took them off early because my midwife told me that they'd have to be removed for scans, labor and delivery, etc...so I just took them off (didnt know about the preggie bars)...I didnt care much about my navel because I had it for years before, therefore, it never closes lol...but I was bummed about my tongue and down there hee...but funny I was able to open the one on my tongue on my own...and had to re pierce down there hee hee...and now I have to take it off soon...but ummm I've tried and I cant take it off...I tell OH to take it off and he just laughs grrrr....
I don't wear any of my piercings anymore but the one down there hee hee and now I have to take it off :(
but I really dont care...

Ha ha, imagine forgetting to take the one 'down there' out during labour!! Ouchee!!!

Thanks girls. I think im going to remove my bellybutton one for good, its crooked anyways and i doubt il be getting it out after the birth!

But my tongue, il just remove it when im at the hospital, and put it back in afterwards :)

You can buy plastic tongue bars... the reason they ask you to take them out is incase you have to go for an emergency C section, and your not aloud metals in the operating room (patients) xx

Well I have my septum pierced and I didn't have to take it out?

You'd have to take them out if you got taken down to theatre (i.e. if you end up having a c section) or at least replace them with plastic ones, but otherwise there's no real reason why you can't keep them in.

My Mum's best friend kept her belly button piercing in right the way through, just replaced it with a flexi one near the end i think.

I took my bellybutton piercing out a long long time ago (although still have a hole where it used to be :blush: ) but i still have my ears and tongue pierced and the agony i was in after i had my tongue done...it's going to take a lot of persuading for me to even consider removing it!!!!

So do you think I'll have to take out my belly button ring for the scan? I was expecting to have to take it out later on once I get a bump but hadn't thought about the scan. I guess I can ask the midwife on Thursday. To be honest I'm not sure how to remove it as I've never taken it out since I had it done over 10 years ago. I don't think the hole will heal up anyway!!

I took my belly bar out when my belly was starting to get really tight. It started stretching the skin so the bar was hurting. You can buy pregnancy bars but I found them too uncomfortable.

I have my tongue pierced, and didn't take it out once.

:)

I already took my bellybutton ring out, I had tore it a long time ago so there wasn't as much skin holding it there anymore. The hole is still there though and im pretty sure with a little pursuading I could probably get it to go back in and I have had it out for over a month now.

I took my belly button ring out at 24 weeks.. It started to hurt, as the skin was stretching.. I kept trying to put the ring through the hole once in awhile so that it wouldnt grow over but it got too hard to fit the ring in.. I know some women who dont take it out at all, but it is very uncomfortable and sometimes the skin gets so tight around the ring that is can rip..

I took mine out as soon as I found out, so at about 4 weeks. It was the first place to get stretch marks and now the hole has stretched to almost 1cm wide. It looks horrible and purple and keeps getting infected from all the pressure inside it :( I actually was surprised that bit of skin didn't rip apart.....I'm afraid of what it will look like in a few weeks when LO is born :sick:

I left my belly button ring in for most of my pregnancy. Took it out sometimes but had it in about a week before I went into labour, lol.

Took my other piercings out though, they became infected somehow and I never could get rid of it, arg.

I left mine in throughout my pregnancy and only took it out while in theatre. it wasn't at all uncomfortable.

I took belly bar out about 8 months ago when we first decided we were going to ttc. It took some getting used to bcus I used to play with it all the time, like a nervous habit :blush:

I have down there pierced and i don't know if i should take it out or not. I got it pierced just before i got pregnant so it's been in a good 7 months now and i don't actually know how to take the ring out and think i would miss it like mad! Strange i know! Does it have to come out for the birth? I don't want any little fingers or toes accidently grabbing it on the way out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"