Piles

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I'm currently 30 weeks and for the past few days I've had terrible external piles, the biggest one is literally the size of a grape :-( I called my GP and he told me to get some anusol cream and lactulose from the chemist. These haven't really helped so far.

I'm in that much pain that I'm almost in tears when I sit down, the pain is also waking me up during the night multiple times.

After googling I've also tried a warm bath and pushing them back in, this gave me relief for a while but they soon came back out :sick:

Does anyone have anything else I can try? I've been drinking as much water as possible but that just seems to be making me pee more :shrug:

I really don't think I can go on like this for another 10 weeks! I had piles with DS but no where near as bad as this and they only came on with delivery

I had them after my last baby was born and the GP prescribed suppositories as he said they work better than the cream, you can get them over the counter though. Worked really well and quite quickly! I also drank fybrogel that he prescribed as well and the combination of the two sorted it all right out.
Hope you feel better soon!

I don't have any advice sorry but I hope that you're feeling better soon :hugs:

I had them after my last baby was born and the GP prescribed suppositories as he said they work better than the cream, you can get them over the counter though. Worked really well and quite quickly! I also drank fybrogel that he prescribed as well and the combination of the two sorted it all right out.
Hope you feel better soon!

Hi

Can you use the suppositories even if the piles are external? Can I buy fybrogel over the counter? My doctors are being totally useless at the moment :(

I'm in absolute agony with them and today they feel worse than they did yesterday. I'm willing to try anything that may help

Hi

Can you use the suppositories even if the piles are external? Can I buy fybrogel over the counter? My doctors are being totally useless at the moment :(

I'm in absolute agony with them and today they feel worse than they did yesterday. I'm willing to try anything that may help

I’m not sure on the external question but you can just buy fybrogel at the chemist I think! Sorry your doctors are being useless though! Maybe have a chat with a pharmacist about it?

Thanks hun, I'll make a trip to the chemist tomorrow to see if they can advise me on the best thing to try. Definitely no more babas for me after this one, my body definitely doesn't take well to being preggers :-(

I used anusol suppositories and the cream and felt the two together helped. Also a salty bath seemed to help for a bit. There's nothing worse, I'm only 7 weeks and already the piles have started this time!! Good luck x

I will go to the pharmacy today and get some suppositories. I'm currently sat here with an ice pack on my butt :-( it's day 3 of using the anusol cream and it feels like the pain is getting worse not better.

On the NHS website it says to push them back in but they just come straight back out. Sorry tmi!

Sorry that they have started so early for you this time around! I hope they ease off for you soon :flower:

I managed to get in touch with a female GP today and she was a lot more sympathetic! She prescribed scheriproct which she said is a mild steroid ointment.

It has anaesthetic in it, I've put it on once today and felt a bit of relief instantly. GP said to apply twice a day so fingers crossed it works better than the anusol. I also got some witch Hazel and some cotton pads to use inbetween.

Ahh that’s fab, hope you’re feeling better now!

Thanks jelly, it took a few says for the ointment to start working but they've gone down a hell of a lot now. Fingers crossed they stay that way :)

Thanks Bev, I was sceptical at first but it has definitely improved the situation! You can only take it for 7 days though so I'm hoping they don't flare up again. Time will tell :)

Feeling your pain.. literally!

I had the pleasure of going to the GP to show her my piles LOL

prescribed a cream and fibre gel and things are better x

Aw I'm glad things have been better for you! Mine have settled down a lot but I know they can come back with avengance at any time so I'm making sure I eat lots of fibre and drinking plenty of water :) the steroid cream my GP prescribed definitely did the trick, the only downside was that it took a few days to work

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->